Home Buying in Indianapolis>Question Details

Willie, Home Buyer in Fredericksburg, TX

Established country neighborhoods with custom homes, acreage, and allow for animals (horses) near Indianapolis.

Asked by Willie, Fredericksburg, TX Sun Apr 7, 2013

Hi we are moving to the greater Indianapolis area. We would like to find an established neighborhood close to the city limits or in town that has a country feel. One that has mostly custom homes on acreage and that allow home owners to have animals, septic systems and private wells. We don't want to be far away from Indianapolis ie., no more than 10 minutes from the limits. The neighborhoods need to be in safe areas with lower than average crime. Can someone please give me some examples? Thanks.

Answers

9
Hi Willie,

We have a very safe neighborhood, in Carmel, 5 minutes from Indianapolis
that has a communal horse barn, municipal water. However, we have
numerous properties near Indy that are exactly what you describe.

I would be happy to check out the Carmel neighborhood for you and perform
a detailed search of all the properties close to Indy, that are on the market
now, to find just the right home. Most of those homes won't be in your
typical neighborhood, but rather areas of upscale, large estate lots.

Which brings me to other questions, in what price range are you looking?
How big a home, how much acreage?

I hope to hear from you,

Marita
Assoc Broker
Prudential Indiana Realty Group
317.513.4652
Hi Willie.
10 mins from Indy can take you so many places...but may not be far enough away for you to totally get the feel you are seeking.
Personally, I think the best all around bet for what you are going for is anything west side: Brownsburg, Pittsboro, Danville, and Indianapolis on the far west side would be the Eagle Creek area to the Brownsburg border. You could manage to get close to the interstate so access to the heart of Indy would not take too much time. Any of these areas would give you the setting you seek and land you in a fabulous school district with fabulous neighbors.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to call/text me to discuss further.

Claire-Anne Aikman SRES
317.345.6640
Loads of area's in and around Indianapolis with custom homes on acreage. The type & number of animals allowed varies and would need to be determined on a case by case basis. Many of the neighborhoods Julie mentions may work, although all of the platted subdivisions will be on city water and sewer.

To properly answer this question I need to know what type of animals, minimum acreage required, budget, time frame, and amenities your family is looking for. email me obanion.cathy@gmail.com and I will forward a list of possibilities.

Cathy O'Banion
317-697-9340

There are a lot of great areas that fit your criteria. Please email or call me so that we can narrow down and go from there. Thanks!

Tiff Atkinson
317-612-4545
tatkinson@callcarpenter.com
Willie,

Thank you for writing and inquiring about Indianapolis. We do have some established neighborhoods with a country feel, yet close to town - custom homes and acreage, etc. that would be great fits for you in the Indianapolis area. I believe you would like many of the homes in the Zionsville area, which is in the northwestern portion of the Indianapolis area. Carmel (north of Indy) and Brownsburg (west of Indy) offer some homes like you mentioned, also, as well as the Eagle Creek area in Indianapolis itself. Many professionals, such as doctors and lawyers, live around Eagle Creek because of the close proximity it has to the Indianapolis metro area.

For instance, there is a home at 14490 Little Eagle Creek Ave, in Zionsville, which sounds much like something you might like. Some of the subdivision names in the Zionsville area could include Saddlebrook Farms or Banbury Farms or maybe Loveland Edition. There is also an area in Lawrence Township, called Indian Lake, that might fit your needs. Reed's Estates, Eagle's Nest, Corinth Country Estates, Wings Meadows, or maybe Highland Green, in Brownsburg.

Willie, these are some examples, but just a few that I think you might want to check out. In Indiana, we do sometimes have established rural-type neighborhoods that are close to town, but you will find that many times people live in close rural locations that are near to other similar homes, yet are not in necessarily in established neighborhoods, per se. Any home that is situated in a more rural-type neighborhood or setting would definitely have lower crime rates in this town.

Indianapolis is a wonderful and thriving city with many interests and things to do. I would be happy to assist you with your real estate needs. Relocating professionals and families is part of our business. Please let me know if there is anything further I can do to help you in your home search.

Julie A. Barnett
Broker Associate/REALTOR
Prudential Indiana Realty Group
jbarnett@prudentialindiana.com
Website: jbarnett.prudentialindiana.com
Website: searchboonecountyhomes.com
(317) 847-0055 (cell)
(765) 769-5565 (office)
(765) 482-9171 (fax)
Download my free mobile app: Text HL6 to 87778
Willie
Go to my website http://www.homesaleindy.com and register there. I'll contact you for a private consultation to locate the right home for you. Choosing a realtor is easy: choosing the right one is a challenge. Read my testimonials on the website. Robert Haynes 317-218-7867
I have shown several properties meeting your description south of Indianapolis in the Greenwood, Bargersville area. Beautiful country and easy access to downtown Indianapolis. contact info http://www.kimwalshrealtor.com or kimwalshrealtor@gmail.com
Hi Willie.

There are several areas on each side of Indianapolis that would meet your criteria. I think when most people hear your description they would respond with Zionsville. Other areas would be Brownsburg as well as parts of Hendricks, Johnson, Shelby and Hancock counties. I guess it just depends if there is a specific part of Indianapolis you would like to be near (north, south, east or west). All of the areas I mentioned have easy access to Indianapolis via interstates 65, 74 or 70. Please contact me directly with additional questions. Good luck with your search and your move!

Julie Simnick
Realtor, Century 21 Scheetz
317-495-4796
Jsimnick@c21scheetz.com
There are a few options available in the Carmel/Westfield, Fishers, Avon, and Greenwood areas. Call me and we can get more specific. 317-721-2274
Web Reference: http://www.soldbyavery.com