Home Buying in Brockton>Question Details

Jadreamin1012, Home Buyer in Brockton, MA

East side / Abbington line?

Asked by Jadreamin1012, Brockton, MA Sun Sep 16, 2012

According to Trulia's map the area is green for the most part( low crime)

Yet , I do not hear good things about Brockton. What is the real deal?.

Answers

5
I live there. Great area
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2012
Same song different verse.
Go spend some time in the neighborhood.
Meet the locals.
See the schools.
Interview the principal.
Decide for yourself.
Your level of comfort will be different that others.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 2, 2012
Most of Brockton can be a little daunting, but the east side on the Abbington line is very clean and safe. In addition it is much more affordable than Abbington or Stoughton.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 17, 2012
Thank you
Flag Mon Sep 17, 2012
Brockton/Abington Line is a good area its near brockton hospital.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 16, 2012
Brockton/Abington Line is a good area. My sister has lived in that same area for many years with her children. My Daughter also lives in the same area with her children. I also have houses for sale in the same area. If you would like additional information please give me a call I would be more than happy to show you the area.

Maria Butner
508-456-1476
Flag Mon Nov 25, 2013
Brockton is a large city with different sections. It all depends on what side of the city you live on. The East Side near the Whitman/Abington line is fairly nice with low crime and some decent neighborhoods. The south side of Brockton also has some nice, quiet streets. I lived in Brockton for 14 years, overall, it doesn't live up to it's bad reputation. If you have any further questions on the area you can feel free to give me a call. My brokerage is located in Brockton and I'm pretty familiar with the city. (774)274-7012
Flag Wed Oct 2, 2013
Make sure you check into development projects that are in the works. I can guarantee that the image that you may have now of the area will be drastically different in a short time. You'll soon see many homes in this area of Brockton going onto the market because of the changes in the area and the negative impact on our residential neighborhoods.. I own a home on the East Side not far from the are that you mention and it's heartbreaking what going on with (over) development . Don't think that any home in the area will be worth what your original purchase price was in a few years. And don't fall for the line that development or additional houses will lower tax rates because it hasn't happened yet. I'd look into Abington, EAst Bridgewater or Whitman. They seem to care more about the character of their towns and their residential areas. In Brockton you might end up with a gas station next door to you. It's relatively safe but City Hall doesn't care about maintaining nice residential neighborhoods. I've lived here for 40 years and if there was any way that I could move out of Brockton I would. LOL...maybe ya wanna buy a house off Alger St (Route 14)?