Home Buying in Utica>Question Details

Michael Thac…, Real Estate Pro in Louisville, KY

East End Bridge completion and its affect on home values in Utica and outlying areas?

Asked by Michael Thacker, Louisville, KY Sun Sep 22, 2013

Do you believe that once the bridge is complete, that we will see home values increase, decrease or stay in the same in Utica?

Answers

2
From what I can tell by what's on the market, the lower end homes in downtown utica are being sold cheap and are being gutted. Property prices are increasing at a very fast and high rate. I personally think that Utica will eventually become the Prospect of Indiana but it will probably take a decade for it to get to the point where businesses start investing in the town.

Check for high end homes and vacant land for sale in Utica. Much of it is VERY high end now.
No. Although the bridge will go over Utica, I don't think access will be close enough to make Utica a desirable place. There are some very depressing properties in Utica along with some high dollar river properties. I think you may see people going more towards Sellersburg and perhaps Jeffersonville.