Home Buying in Raleigh>Question Details

Kyle Davis, Home Buyer in Raleigh, NC

Eagle Ridge- Dan Ryan

Asked by Kyle Davis, Raleigh, NC Thu Jul 17, 2014

Does anyone have any opinions on the new construction Dan Ryan homes in Eagle Ridge? For the price and amenities, it seems hard to beat price wise. I'm slightly concerned about the builid quality. Thanks in advance.

Answers

9
As an Eagle Ridge homeowner I found the Dan Ryan homes not on par with the rest of the homes as far as they looked on the outside.
More important than the construction is that this is an HOA development that cost around $500 a year in dues. On addition you are at the mercy of the board of the HOA that has some negative behavior. Read the convents and be sure you want to give up some of your rights as a homeowner.
Kyle building quality is what I look for in a community. It is not a good deal if the home is not well built.
Eagle Ridge has amenities which you can find in several areas of Raleigh (specifically the Golf Course). However, since you will not be living outside on the course but inside a built structure I would look at it this way homes in that community are going for around $80.00/square foot. What are your personal preferences--what do you want in your new home? I like built in closet shelving for example as opposed to wire shelving. Is that available for $80.00/square foot. Does you living space flow or is it difficult to navigate? Are your bathrooms tiled or pre-cast (tub and shower) ? Are your kitchen cabinets real wood or something else.Are your counter tops granite or another material. Is there glass in your front door? Are the windows plentiful (to let in natural sunlight)? Is the home built on Slab (less expensive); crawl space foundations or basement? In this market for the square footage I would take a closer look . Look at what other builders are doing in the same price range before you settle. Happy hunting.
We would be happy to assist you Kyle and find out more info on the Dan Ryan homes in Eagle Ridge. If you would like to work with one of our Raleigh agents, please give us a call at 888-778-2276 or email us at customercare@bhhscarolinas.com. We look forward to working with you!
Hi Dan,
You may want to compare the existing homes to new home prices. I sold a house there last month and, at that time, the were 42 homes on the market in Eagle Ridge. You can likely find a preowned home at a much better price per square foot and, if necessary, either update it yourself or have a contractor do it for you. I look at homes from an investment standpoint and sometimes, you can get instant equity this way. I just played Eagle Ridge last weekend and if you want to be on the Golf Course, you may want to consider this option.
Dan,

I actually live in Eagle Ridge and love the neighborhood. My family definitely takes advantage of the pool, playground. I haven't seen to many issues with structural integrity the homes. You can definitely get a lot of home for the money. Quite a few homes in the last month have gone under contract and closed. If you would like a list of the current one's available, contact me and I'll be glad to send a list.
Flag Mon Aug 18, 2014
I've had a buyer out there and they loved their home and were satisfied
Again like others have noted bad news travels fast and even faster these days with the internet. If you are still in need of assistance or have further questions please feel free to contact me directly 919-452-9379 (call or text is fine)

Have a great Thursday!
Dawn Anderson
Coldwell Banker Advamtage
I have not personally dealt with this builder but also have not heard any negatives either which typically circulates. Joe's endorsement says a lot as well. If I can be of any assistance to you, please don't hesitate to contact me. Info is on my website shown below.
. Sure, I have helped borrowers buy Dan Ryan homes in the past and they have always been very satisfied with their purchase. Dan Ryan has a great price point an quality for the price. If you would like to speak further please call me at 919-696-6675, just ask for Joe
I've sold several homes in Eagle Ridge. Give me a call and I can answer any questions you have. 919-538-6477
Web Reference: http://Www.acolerealty.com