Home Buying in Orlando>Question Details

jfalves27, Home Buyer in 32750

EXPERTS HELP! trulia Status displays "accessor". Never seen this?

Asked by jfalves27, 32750 Sun Nov 11, 2012

EXPERTS HELP! We put an offer in on a Short-Sale Home. This weekend the Status on tulia say "Assessor" and Type "sold". What does this mean?

Answers

5
Also never heard the term before in reference to a short sale or sold property. I could try to find
out though if you would post or send me the address of the property. Always open to learning so that I could help someone else along the way.

Sylvia Paul
Realty Center
Orlando, Florida
sylvia@sylviapaulrocks.com\
(407) 864-3139
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 11, 2012
Hi there!

We get data for some homes that aren’t for sale via county assessor records, however I’ve never seen this as a property status. The actual status should say unknown, off-market, or sold. My best guess is that we simply don’t have any listing data for the property in question, but I would love to check for you, what is the address?

Ali, Community Manager
If you are under contract with the property and you have an agent working with you, that should be your go to source for questions. Like many of us here your agent may not know the answer either. If Trulia is is posting it and you are that concerned about it I would say to check with them directly. This is not something that I have seen before.
The data appearing on Trulia is not from real estate agents OR from the local MLS. The data you see comes from LISTHUB which agents do not provide data too either.

Trulia has an agreement with LISTHUB regarding what data is displayed, what elements are editable, who can edit those elements. You will notice, no real estate professional organization is involved.

What ever 'accessor' means will add up to another meaningless data point.

Serious buyers and seller need to use the serious tools and resources provided by a professional. Shor ot that, it simply an exercise of 'Playing around."

If you have concern regarding your purchase offer, your agent should consult with the listing agent. Be aware, real estate professionals are too busy to allow themsepves to be jerked around by the imaginary data appearing in places like Zillow and Trulia. These are entertainment sites and should be treated accordingly.
What does you agent say? Trulia is a fun place to browse, but the data can be pretty misleading and is frequently out of date. Must admit I've never seen status "assessor" either.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 11, 2012