Paresh Shah, Real Estate Pro in New Hyde Park, NY

Douglaston is mentioned, but in fact it is Glen Oaks!

Asked by Paresh Shah, New Hyde Park, NY Wed Mar 27, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3094044785-7443-260th-St-Glen…

Answers

2
Hello, Are you looking to purchase a co-op in this vicinity, Douglaston, Little Neck and/or Glen Oaks? These Complexes are very close to one and other, and the prices are very similar, the only difference is that the maintenance in Beech Hills ( Douglaston) is higher, due to more amenities, like private garbage collection every day and a smaller complex, therefore taxes(which are included in the maint) are higher as well. hope this helps
If you need more info, please contact me at 917 902 2873. I live and work in Douglaston. My Office is Toula Polios Realty.
Thanks, Alexandra
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 18, 2013
Hi Paresh! Carol here at Trulia. Thank you for identifying the neighborhood on this listing. The list of neighborhoods in our system is provided by a third party, and we update this periodically. We can update the neighborhood information if the correct neighborhood name is provided to us and if it is currently included in our database. Neighborhood names are limited to official names rather than local nicknames.

Occasionally, neighborhoods are not found in our system and this is the case with "Glen Oaks." Usually, this is the result of a lack of consensus in a city as to what neighborhoods actually exist (these are frequently debated, and there is no single authority on the matter).

We will remove the incorrect neighborhood information that you have identified within 24-48 hours.

Thank you for your input and thank you for using Trulia for all your real estate needs.
Douglaston and Glen Oaks are two different neighborhood, community etc. trulia must add glen oaks as indepennt neighborhood. It has its own zip code, library, etc and it is a well defined separate city in queens county, NYC. I am very surprised it is wrongly identified under douglaston. On a separate note, people who are paying for advertisement under glen oaks are also not justified.
Flag Sat May 18, 2013