Home Buying in Perris>Question Details

Zoila Hinton, Home Buyer in Perris, CA

Does trulia.com remove houses once they have beeen sold? I see some properties that have been on here for several months. please advise

Asked by Zoila Hinton, Perris, CA Thu Jul 12, 2012

Answers

4
Not exactly. Often times, info on sites like Trulia, Zillow, and other Real Estate sites are outdated and inaccurate. The reason being, they are NOT the Multiple Listing Service. The Multiple Listing Service is what Realtors use to input their listings for other agents to see. It's frustrating at times because I receive calls, emails and questions from prospective buyers asking about a specific property they saw here or on another site. Often times, the home has already been sold.

Another issue I find is that these sites also post erroneous data on homes in the foreclosure process. I received a question from a buyer who saw a "foreclosure" online and actually went to the house. They were told to go away by the occupant when they were found snooping around and peering thru windows. The buyer was dismayed and thought there were trespassers. I advised the buyer that the home may not be a repo and that the owner may be trying to do a loan modification. Just because the online sites say it's for sale or that it's a foreclosure, doesn't always mean it's available.

Your BEST option, if you're serious about purchasing a home is to get with a Realtor who knows the area and can help you through the process with the correct info. There are currently over 100 homes available today in just the small area around the Perris May Ranch subdivision. AND...there are over 200 homes in the foreclosure process that are not yet on the market.

Are you working with a Realtor to protect you and your interests? The FIRST and foremost step in purchasing a home is to get with a Realtor. Check with friends and family to see if they can refer someone to you or research sites, such as this one to find a good professional Realtor. Your SECOND step is to get pre-qualified for a loan. AFTER you find a Realtor, he or she will have you meet with the lender that he or she uses regularly. This is important. Please let me know if I can help or if you have any more questions.

Also, please let us know who was the most helpful by voting for the "Best Answer" and giving us a "Thumbs Up".!

Ray Wright
951-354-1303
RayWright@kw.com
Yes and no. Historically, they have not removed them. In recent months, Trulia has had a throw away policy so usually after a period of months, a listing is discarded.

I agree with you though, there are many, many listings from 'BEFORE' their throw away policy that are still sitting around and are outdated.
Zoila Hinton,
Trulia is a web based company who is not a California Licensed Brokerage.
Trulia does not have access to the MLS Multiple Listing Service, in which Homes for sale get listed first by California State Licensed Real Estate Agents and their Brokerages. Trulia is a blog type place where agents can advertise. One can say it is an advertising platform similar to zillow or craigslist. Ads for homes for sale are not mandated to have to come down. The agents who placed the ads should take them down but many do not in hopes someone like your self will find a Home for Sale that is no longer and call the agent. I have seen homes on Trulia that have not been for sale in years! With that in mind Trulia may not be the best place to look for homes for sale if you are looking to purchase a home. The good thing is that the MLS does not allow agents to do this in fact they get fined for inaccurate data. Your first place to go is a Licensed agent or broker who is a REALTOR, for up to date accurate information who will usually furnish the info to you for free. So get set up with a Realtor to get the accurate info in Perris.

Harold Sharpe - Broker
So Cal Homes
(951) 821-8211
harold@homesperris.com
http://www.homesperris.com
California Department of Real Estate Broker License # 01312992
This is a market where properties can be on the market for several months. It's no unusual. Properties don't fall off of Trulia (and other public websites) until the agent marks them "pending".
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in Evanston, IL