Home Buying in Chelmsford>Question Details

Rummus, Home Buyer in Lowell, MA

Does the westlands neighborhood fit the golden adage Location! Location! Location!

Asked by Rummus, Lowell, MA Tue Jan 18, 2011

The old adage LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION is the golden rule in real estate, choose the right location, pay the right price, purchase a home to meet your needs and when it comes time for resale you will find the right buyer!

So the question is this the neighborhood that satisfies this golden rule.?
It is close to everything, parks, schools, groceries, recreation, close to highways etc

Answers

3
Hello Rummus,

I am a realtor here in Chelmsford and have lived in the Westlands for over 10 years now. I can confidently tell you that the Westlands is considered to be a desirable area in Chelmsford. It is a lovely neighborhood that offers convenience in terms of its proximity to both Rt.3 and 495 and its closeness to shopping. More importantly, the Westlands has always been known for it's sense of community. Children riding their bikes and people strolling down the sidewalks are commonplace here in the Westlands. The neighborhood school (that was closed as a grade school about 3 years ago) still exists as a a school for the Chelmsford public preschool system and for its after school day care. The school has a playground, a small nature park, and softball fields that Westlands residents enjoy on a daily basis. My family, like many other families I know, are very happy and proud of our community here in the Westlands!
From an investment standpoint, Westlands homes offer many features that appeal to young families and homes send to sell with ease (as long as they are not overpriced).

I hope that I have given you a better understanding of what the Westlands has to offer. I am a Westlands specialist and I would be more than happy to show you some availbale properties here in the Westlands.

Jean McCarthy
Century 21 Landmark Realty
email: jmccarthy@c21email.com
Rummus,

I don't know if you've bought something yet since you asked this question many months back but I thought I would add some input. Firstly, I grew up in the Westlands section of Chelmsford. The area has an array of homes to choose varying in price and style. It's proximity to the highways and stores gives in an added convenience. Although the Westlands school is not operating as a school it still provides a park for area kids and families. I used to ride my bike, skateboard, etc...in all of the Westlands and I always felt safe.

I recently sold my mom's house at 42 Woodbine St. after being in the family since 1976. We lived right behind Market Basket and my mom would send me to the store to grab things for her. Very convenient. The close proximity to Lowell was a plus for me. After my mom passed and I began to care for the property I really enjoyed being able to zip to Downtown Lowell to go to some restaurants and see a show.

Good luck to you in your search.
The Westlands is very close to major highways: Route 3, Route 495. Route 4 leads to Chelmsford center, to the Drum Hill area with its great shopping center, to Lowell, and to Westford. The Westlands is a very established neighborhood which enjoys a good reputation.