Jason M., Home Buyer in 49588

Does the info from all houses sold end up on Trulia?

Asked by Jason M., 49588 Thu Oct 30, 2008

When looking at houses sold in East Grand Rapids Mi. the last house sold is Sept 30 but I know that houseshave sold since then. How long does it take for this info to arrive on Trulia. Also do all the houses that are sold end up on Trulia?

Answers

4
Gary L White’s answer
Hi Jason, not all sales show up on the local Realtor MLS or on Trulia but most will show on the local Realtor MLS first. Most of the reporting services like Trulia, and others, rely on information reported after the sold date by the local municipalities. This can take months. Some home are pending for 60 days before the sale is finalized. If you are working with a professional that has access to the local MLS data they can zero in on your price range and area giving you the most recent available information. The information will also have any concessions the seller made to the buyer for the bottom line purchase value. I have a link below that may help you will sold information. Just type in the address and everything around the addess will show up, if sold. Hope this helps you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 15, 2010
Stats for EGR in the last month per the local MLS:

Total sold 14
Average price -$237,893
Average price per square foot - $121.68
Medium - $171,500
Low - $102,000
High - $680,000
Average day on market - 85

Current active listings of single famliy homes - 116

Looking at this, we are not so bad!
To the best of my knowledge Trulia obtains its sold data from municipalities on an ongoing and regular basis (directly or indirectly). It can take as little as a couple weeks to several months for certain municipalities to update their records, so Trulia’s records are at least as delayed as the source they get them from.

Since Trulia obtains their info from municipalities, it usually encompasses all sold properties (although there may be a significant delay as I explained above). Since municipalities don’t usually track seller concessions paid to the buyer, the sale prices can be overstated. The MLS does track seller concessions and therefore a Realtor typically has access to more thorough and timely data. Trulia is a helpful tool though as long as you understand it's limitations.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 15, 2008
Jason,

To the best of my knowledge, Trulia purchases data from the County for sold properties. I suspect this would be a one time feed dump to them rather than a continuous update.
Web Reference: http://mi-living.com