Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

Jenny, Real Estate Pro in Sacramento, CA

Does landlord pay for swimming pool upkeep?

Asked by Jenny, Sacramento, CA Wed Dec 12, 2012

Answers

4
I agree with matt & Kim - the landlord would be smart to pay for and be in control of the pool maintenance. Also check with the homeowners insurance policy. It may address this issue as well.
There ate no set rules in real estate. All things are negotiated however, if a home has a beautiful yard and or a pool, the landlord would be a fool to leave it to the tenant to take care of them. Either way you're paying for it in the rent amount but if it were my property, I would take care of it and included in rent.
Read your lease. It will tell you.
Who pays for the pool maintenance depends on your lease agreement-they vary depending upon the home owners and or tenants wishes. Some landlords charge a little extra to pay for expenses such as monthly pool maintenance, & landscaping while others allow the tenant to maintain those things. Typically the landlord pays for mechanical repairs but not for added upkeep due to neglect by the tenant.
Again, you need to read your lease agreement. If the landlord stated that will maintain the pool, then they they must do it. If it doesn't say either way, it is likely your responsibility.

Best of Luck

Valerie Edwards
Premier Real Estate
(702) 371-5533
INFO@AgentValerie.com