Matt, Home Buyer in Peoria, AZ

Does having a pool in a backyard with lots of trees make you more likely to have a scorpion problem?

Asked by Matt, Peoria, AZ Tue May 8, 2012

Answers

3
Vivien L Biggs PLC’s answer
Hello Matt,

Most scorpion problems arise when you disturb the ground area significantly or have a lot of crickets. You may want to contact a Pest Company that specializes in scorpions if you want meore details.

If you need further information please contact me.

Have a GREAT evening!

Vivien L Biggs PLC
602-615-9137
Prudential Arizona Properties

Check MLS for homes on my website
http://www.realestatecore.com/
Interesting question. I never heard that before about the trees. I would say it doesn't matter but it will be itneresting to see what others say.
Hi Matt,

Scorpions, like all insects and animals, follow the food. I've never heard of your particular question. The general advice is as follows. Scorpions love to eat crickets and other small insects. If you keep the cricket population down, scorpions won't find you all that attractive. My suggestion would be to let a few lizards make a homestead on your yard (they eat crickets) and you won't see many scorpions.