Madlom Real…, Real Estate Pro in Centennial, CO

Does anyone notice a huge decline in Buyer's ambitions to buy during winter months?

Asked by Madlom Real Estate, Centennial, CO Wed Jan 11, 2012

Answers

15
Not for me, busiest "winter season" I've had in 6 years. Inventory is down but Alice Marsh (Centralized showing)says showing are way up. It is typically a slow time for real estate as others have stated.
Web Reference: http://www.housefitz.com
Just the opposite, I have had tremendous Buyer activity over the past three months with both my listings selling and Buyers I am working with. I have also run into a number of multiple offers on homes I have written offers on hence increasing the purchase price sometimes above the listing price. I believe we are experiencing a lot of pent up demand on home sales in conjunction with lower home prices and low interest rates to cause a perfect storm for a Real Estate home buyer.
Gary Lohrman CRS, GRI
Broker Associate
303-829-5900 cell
Actually, we've seen a big increase in buyer interest and having several buyers go under contract.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 11, 2012
Yes, there is a drop in activity, like Gary said we are getting busier and this year it did not slow down much.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 11, 2012
"When you get some more experience you will notice that November and December are slower, but the buyers are more serious. There is a "moving season" May through August. Hang in there and it will get busier for you."

I probably should just keep my mouth shut, but sometimes I just can't. Brian, how do you know this person lacks experience? New to Trulia does not necessarily mean new to RE. Whether new or not, your statement about it getting busier for them is interesting considering they have 17 listings to your 1.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 11, 2012
Madlom Team,
November and December are traditionally the slowest months in my market. Holidays, dark days, lousy weather all contribute to fewer showings and closings. As the calendar turns, we traditionally see things start to pick up culminating in the late spring when properties look their best and the sunshine puts everyone in a better mood. Best of luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 11, 2012
My winter buyers are serious buyers. Best quarter ever 2014 1Q
It is the busiest time of year for me.
Madlom RE,

Under normal circumstances this is the case, but not this year. I am getting multiple offers on my listings in Park Hill within days, not weeks. I have buyers who are highly motivated and it is all I can do to find strategies to get ahead of the other motivated buyers who are often out there on day one and ready to move forward. I can't imagine what the spring buying season will be like.

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
Not this winter in my area(unless heavy snow which happened last weekend).
Not at all ... now if we could only get sellers to "sell," we'd all be better off.
Web Reference: http://www.jmontgomery.com
Actually, interest rates typically go down during the winter and spike a little in spring. So it would be a great time to buy. I find it varies from the price range- in the higher price ranges, I do see buyers buying as if they are relocating they might look in December as they need to be in a home in January.
If talk with stockbrokers, they voice the same anguish over investor disinterest. The holiday season has people focused away from housing. The people who are out there trudging through snow to look are determined buyers. They have to fill a need soon and they just squeeze it into the calendar.

When things were really rocking in California, there would be a lull from November to December, but the market would suddenly light on fire in January.

Not to worry. The momentum usually starts in April in Colorado. But, with all the dry weather, I think more homes will move.

SuZ
I agree, it seems busy, but maybe that is because we agents (like ones putting in extra hours on sites like this) are willing to pull longer hours to get the job done...and most others have second jobs.
I think my Answer was taken wrong, No disrespect.