Home Buying in Wilmington>Question Details

Oscar Garcia, Real Estate Pro in Wilmington, NC

Does anyone knows where a buyer may apply for a loan with W-7 In North and South Carolina?

Asked by Oscar Garcia, Wilmington, NC Sun May 15, 2011

Please email me at Oscar@OscarCircle.com if you don't feel comfortable adding your comments here.

Help the community by answering this question:


It's commonly referred to as a "TIN" not a "W-7", as the W-7 is just what is completed/submitted to obtain a TIN.

Any number of people can obtain a TIN:

Nonresident alien required to get ITIN to claim tax treaty benefit
Nonresident alien filing a U.S. tax return
U.S. resident alien (based on days present in the United States) filing a U.S. tax return
Dependent of U.S. citizen/resident alien
Spouse of U.S. citizen/resident alien
Nonresident alien student, professor, or researcher filing a U.S. tax return or claiming an exception
Dependent/spouse of a nonresident alien holding a U.S. visa

to name a few (straight from the W-7 form).

More information is needed about the situation. I suspect they may be a nonresident alien of some sort, so their legal classification would need to be known.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 21, 2011
Topic 857 - Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) – Form W-7

A taxpayer identification number must be furnished on all returns, statements, and other tax-related documents and must be given upon request to any other person who must include it on a return or statement. For most individuals this is a Social Security Number, or SSN. If you are a foreign person who does not have and is not eligible to get a SSN you must use an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, or ITIN.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 15, 2011
I'm interested to know what "W-7" is.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun May 15, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer