Home Buying in Flatlands>Question Details

damalid, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

Does anyone know why there are a bunch of coops selling out in the same area in mill basin? I am interested in purchasing but it's making me nervous.

Asked by damalid, Brooklyn, NY Mon Dec 31, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3081843008-1805-E-53rd-St-3F-…

Answers

5
Hello I specialize in selling co-ops in Old Basin for the last 7 seven years now. The reason the co-ops sell often because Kings Village Cooperative has five buildings which is a total of 785 units, so people are always moving in, moving out, downsizing and upgrading to larger units so there's always activity.

If you need an experienced broker that knows all the ins and outs for buying and selling co-ops just give me a call.
Please note that there are five huge coop buildings in the same area. Therefore there are many apartments for sale. If you ae interested, please call me regarding seeing my listings there. You will be very pleasantly surpirsed.
Millie (917) 543-3699
Sone people are also moving out because the maintaince fee is high, their is a waiting list for parking. and street parking can be a nightmare. The upside: the building is well maintained and the renovated units are beautiful and the area is generally quiet. Good Luck
Keep in mind that people move for a variety of reasons such as closer to family, upsizing, financial, employment, etc.; consider asking management the question, or if the opportunity arises ask any of the current residents....
This is a 340 unit complex called Fillmore Gardens which is 100% co-op. . This Garden Apartment complex was built in the 1960's. Coincidentally, some of the original owners have reached retirement and have decided to re-locate. These units can not be rented, and the complex has a no pet policy. Some apartments are owned by Estates and, since the heirs are unable to rent, they need to sell. The complex is extremely desirable since it is close to shopping, transportation and is located in a residential area. Every unit comes with the use of a parking area which is located behind the buildings, the maintenance includes gas, electric and heat and the brick buildings and outside areas are well maintained.
I just moved in to Fillmore...it's really nice, very convenient, street parking is always available. I put about 15% down on my place and I got a great deal too. Good luck!
Flag Tue Feb 11, 2014
Thanks for that bit of information, Katherine. Do you know if a 20% downpayment is required?
Flag Wed Jan 22, 2014