Home Buying in Jonesboro>Question Details

volleyballgi…, Home Buyer in Jonesboro, AR

Does anyone know where I can find a home with owner financing, in Nettleton school district or Brookland? I sure would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Asked by volleyballgirl_1975, Jonesboro, AR Fri Jan 18, 2013

p.s. I have stable income, just going through a divorce.

Answers

3
Tim Ray Whitley & Associates. tim.ray.ar@gmail.com. Web whitleyfirm.com.

Our firm not only sells Real Estate but we manage more than 600 doors as rentals. Often we have investors that are willing to work with our clients in a short term land contract. Prices very depending on down payment and investors payment on property. In most cases it requires a 3.5% down payment and 2 yrs to work out your long term financing. If this is something that would work for you please contact me. 870-974-3208 for more details.
Another option other than owner financing would be a Rural Development loan. If you can qualify for a loan, RD loans do not require a down payment. I can find a seller to pay your buyers closing costs.
I would suggest a lease purchase in your situation. This is where you put money down on a house just like you would with a bank and start making payments. After 2 to 3 years, you get financing in your name. This is usually enough time to get your credit cleared up and it's safer for you because there have been cases where sellers have received payments from the buyer and then the house went into foreclosure. They were taking the payments and not putting them towards the house.....
Now, you are responsible for all maintenance once you take possession of the house which is different from renting, because the payments you are making are going towards the principle and the interest that the selller would've been paying themselves.
It's not easy to find people willing to do this because they would need 20% down on their next house but it's not impossible. There are people out there that are ready to sell no matter what, all we have to do is ask. The key is having a substantial down payment of at least 5%-10% of the sales price.
Give me a calll if I can be of assistance. 870-926-5535