Home Buying in Minneapolis>Question Details

LDEXTER,  in 55378

Does anyone know what paint color Fannie Mae usually uses on their foreclosed properties?

Asked by LDEXTER, 55378 Wed Dec 14, 2011

I am buying a Fannie Mae Homepath property that has new paint (as many of them do). I believe Fannie Mae tends to use the same color when painting the properties and was hoping someone might know. My agent has tried to get this info from the other agent but not much help/response? Anyone know? I was hoping to match the paint for touchups.

Answers

5
I have heard from several sources "Kilim Beige" from Sherwin Williams, though I am not sure if this is a color actually specified by Fannie Mae. A light neutral is always safe, but watch for pinkish or blu-ish undertones and stick with the creamy, yellow undertones. This goes for any kind of beige too. All to often I see the wrong beige used that "turns pinkish" on-line.

A creamier, warmer undertone is also more appealing in MN, especially during the winter, when straight up white can be harsh in the cold weather.

You could also try to get a paint fan deck from your local paint store take it to the property and try to find the match. (Hirschfields, SW, Lathrop, etc. will usually give you one if you show you are a remodeler or similar)

Hope that helps!
I have a Fannie Mae and my interior is Kiliam Beige Flat. Good luck!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 27, 2012
Same here in Houston, Texas. Kilim Beige from Sherwin Williams. Paint type: Mesa+ Interior Latex Scrubbable Flat. I just bought a quart from the local store and it matches perfectly.
Flag Sun May 18, 2014
Fantastic! These Q & A boards are the best!! I will now refer to this answer when I'm asked!!!
There are unfortunately multiple vendors that can be selected, maybe agent can get the contact info for the contractor that did the work & can follow up for you? Dover White or antique white are very common on rehabs, kind of like an egg shell. May I suggest bringing in a paint chip to Sherwin Williams? Hope this helps! Good Luck!! Regards, Mel
Boring beige.
All kidding aside, paint color tends to change slightly over time. If you have a smart phone you may download an application from any of the major paint companies that will allow you color match the walls. My favorite is Color Smart from Behr.