Home Buying in Sarasota>Question Details

Samantha, Home Buyer in Enfield, CT

Does anyone know what Sarasota neighborhoods/streets with homes designed by Art Twitchell? Or is there a resource online that would provide that info?

Asked by Samantha, Enfield, CT Mon Nov 5, 2012

Answers

6
Samantha, I can't find any information on Art Twitchell, so I must assume that you are referring to the well-known Sarasota architect, Ralph Twitchell. You will find some of his most famous homes on Siesta Key, and others scattered throughout the area in locations including Casey Key and Venice. Of course, there are homes that were designed by other well-known architects of the "Sarasota School Of Architecture" in many neighborhoods, perhaps most notably in in Lido Shores.

There are numerous online resources, but one good one is http://scg.co.sarasota.fl.us/historical_resources/School_of_… . Unfortunately, I think that you will find that many orf these buildings are no longer standing.

I am a big fan of modernist architecture, and if you are seeking a modernist home in Sarasota I would be happy to help you with your search.

Charles Offer
COLDWELL BANKER RESIDENTIAL REAL ESTATE
423 St. Armands Circle
Sarasota, FL 34236
(941) 321-9664
charlesoffer@comcast.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 5, 2012
You are correct, I meant Ralph! He was the architect of my grandmother's former home on lowe drive, she was his bookkeeper and he designed 3 different homes for her. I wish I had been able to purchase her home when it was for sale but I missed out. I am very interested in knowing where other homes are that he designed, both large and small....
Flag Mon Nov 5, 2012
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 5, 2012
Hi Samantha,

Additionally,

http://www.facebook.com/LidoShoresNeighborhoodAssociation : super fabulous homes with amazing setttings.

So fun in this area as it's perfect for birding, dining, breezy sail boat days and lush gardens.

Sandra LaFlamme, Realtor
941.961.5069
Our office has two listings of houses designed by Ralph Twitchell. They are his first houses he built and designed as an architect after his left Dwight Baum. They are the Med Rev style .

Let me know if these are what you are looking for.

Norm Luppino, Realtor,
SaraBay Real Estate
941-565-4377
I am sorry, I meant Ralph Twitchell, who is one of the founders of the Sarasota School of Architecture.
Samantha,
I performed a search for a licensed contractor by the name of Art Twitchell in Florida. He does not have a contractor license currently. Here is the web site to check in case the name was misspelled. You may want to check several spellings. https://www.myfloridalicense.com/wl11.asp?mode=1&SID=&am… Where did you hear of this builder and how old would the homes be that you are looking for. Many of the builders are no longer in business after the down turn in the market.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com