Home Buying in Flatlands>Question Details

Keith, Home Buyer in Brooklyn Heights, Br...

Does anyone know of any coops that ALLOW PETS, has a terrace and doesn't require 20% down in Brooklyn?

Asked by Keith, Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn, NY Mon Oct 22, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3056077664-1655-Flatbush-Ave-…

Answers

7
i own a sophisticated one bedroom coop that doesn't require 20% down, allows pets, is on the beach,
and can be bought with the tenant (as an investor) or as a user (without the tenant). call me:
marlene, 310-475-7071 (be mindful that this timezone is 3 hours behind new york)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 22, 2013
There is a condo in Brooklyn that meets all your needs. Check out MeadowWood at Gateway.
Thank you! Not only are these units afffordable, but THEY ARE CONDOS!!
Flag Wed Oct 24, 2012
Why not simply consider working with an agent of your own.....be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
Dear Keith:

That is a pretty tall order! I can't think of any off hand that meet all three of the criteria that you set forth. Most require 20% down or more and allowance of pets is 50/50 at best. Can you afford a condo? If so you would have more options. Also, how much can you spend? My advise would be to contact several real estate agents direct and see what they can find for you. If you want you can contact me as well and I will try to help you. Good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Hello Keith,

There are a few of them in Brooklyn Heights. As you know, every coop board has their own rules, but usually the ones that accept dogs have a weight requirement. I also have a trick I use with the coop boards that might help you...

Give me a call anytime Keith, I think I can help you with your dilemma.
(I myself, have two dogs)

Luke Constantino
Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate
M: (212) 300-3919
D: (718) 935-6135
F: (917) 369-2690
lukeconstantino@elliman.com
http://lukeconstantino.com
325 Court Street, Brooklyn NY 11231
Hi Keith

That's a good question! You should work directly with an agent who can help you learn more about that specific property (and probably will know a lot about similar properties in the area). To find an agent, just click on the yellow button on the property's listing and you will be able to start a dialogue.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can help with anything else. I am happy to be a resource for you. Good luck with the search!

Ali, Trulia Voices Community Manager
Hey Keith-

Have you started working with an agent yet? Check out our directory of agents here: http://www.trulia.com/voices/directory/Flatlands-agent--85225

Hopefully they will be able to help you!

Ali, Community Manager