Home Buying in 11237>Question Details

Y, Home Buyer in Bklyn, NY

Does anyone know of a renovation grant called Home Steps or any other for closing cost assistance?

Asked by Y, Bklyn, NY Sat Jan 17, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:


If you're purchasing a home, my first suggestion would be to find a realtor that you feel comfortable with and trust and then hire that agent as a buyer's agent to represent you in finding a home and negotiating the best price. That will probably save you money or get your more house for the same money. There are several grant programs at the federal, state and local levels. Try SONYMA (State of New York Mortgage Association). They have closing cost assistance. FHA also has closing cost assistance - you can finance over the purchase price to assist with closing costs. If I can help, please contact me.

Ralph Windschuh
Century 21 Princeton Properties
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 18, 2009
with naca you can get 100% financing as well as elimintaing the closing costs. the amount of mortgage you cna get is VERY limited however,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 17, 2009
You could also look at a FHA 203k loan or a USDA Rural housing loan depending on your area.

I am a mortgage broker. If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Martin Smith

Precision Funding
877-238-6324 Ext 704
877-238-6324 FAX
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 17, 2009
I know about Neighborhood Housing Services' service called Home First , also look up NACA and ACORN. These are organizations that help you with closing costs after they educate you and have you establish yourself as a reliable risk. It takes a little time but well worth it if you can't afford closing or down pay.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 17, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer