Home Buying in Delaware>Question Details

Kelli B., Home Buyer in New Castle, DE

Does anyone know of a mortgage company that specializes in the Delaware First Time home buyer program?

Asked by Kelli B., New Castle, DE Mon Sep 16, 2013

Answers

5
Hi Kelli,

I specialize in First Time Home Buyers in Delaware, I even wrote the book, Your Guide to Buying Your First Home in Delaware. I also sponsor a Free First Time Home Buyer Seminar every month in Newark and in Dover that gets you 2 hours of counseling credit toward the 8 hours required for Delaware first time home buyer programs. You can get more info at http://www.DelawareHomeBuyerSeminar.com

The programs change when refunded or can even go away when they run out of funds. Currently in New Castle County you have 4 options for first time home buyer programs which are as follows:

New Castle County DPS
New Castle County VHAP
DSHA SMAL
DSHA Advantage 3

Each program has different restrictions, requirements, advantages, and disadvantages. We can sit down and go over each option and decide which one or ones will work best for you. Feel free to call me at 302-703-0727 or you can apply online at http://www.PRMIDelaware.com/loanapplciation

John R. Thomas
Certified Mortgage Planner - NMLS 38783
Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc
248 E Chestnut Hill Rd
Newark, DE 19713
302-703-0727
FHA 203b loan is a regular FHA loan so any lender doing FHA loans and a participant in the down payment programs will do this. M&T is not even approved to do the first time home buyer tax credit so I certainly wouldn't explore that option. You can check the approved lenders on DSHA's website.

Now a FHA 203k loan is a the Rehab loan which very few lenders are doing. We will do this program and will allow you to use approved DPS programs for the 203k loan program and you can do it in conjunction with the first time home buyer tax credit. Call me for details on any of the programs 302-703-0727 or you can apply online at http://www.PRMIDelaware.com

John R. Thomas
NMLS 38783
Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc.
302-703-0727 Office
248 E Chestnut Hill Rd
Newark, DE 19713
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 15, 2014
Trident Mortgage
Jason Infanti
If you go onto my website under the vendors tab his contact info is there. He's excellent!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 16, 2013
M&T Bank was the only one I could find that would allow a 203b loan with First Time Home Buyer Funds as well as Funds to help close provided by the state.
Hi Kelli

I work with a company Annie Mac. They offer many first time home buyer programs and great service. By great service I mean they call you back in a timely.manner and keep their closing dates on time. Give a call I can help you get started.