Home Buying in Royersford>Question Details

Mikie, Home Buyer in Royersford, PA

Does anyone know of Oak Creek property by Sukonik Building Companies in Royersford? Good location? Resale prospects? Builder reputed? Need some inputs

Asked by Mikie, Royersford, PA Wed Sep 22, 2010

I work in KOP area and looking into single family homes and came accross the Oak Creek property, can experts please comment on this property please?

Hello Mikie

My name is Jason Corropolese and I am a Realtor out of Royersford and surrounding areas with my office located in pottstown, PA. I have lived in the Royersford area my whole life. There are several good and reputable builders in the local areas. Toll Brothers is an excellent builder but can be a little higher in price. Berks construction builds a very nice home and the price is right if you can find a berks construction home. I have also heard very good things about Sukonik Building Companies. They are all good it just depends on what you are looking for.

You have to look at several different houses built by different builders and see what types you like. You are the one who has to be happy with your choice. SOme builders offer better incentives than others and you have to keep in mind that when you walk through a sample model a majority of the things you see are upgrades and can be very costly. If you are looking to be represented by a realtor they must accompany you on your 1st visit and while touring the homes ask a lot of questions so you have a great understanding of what you are looking for.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me at any time and i would be glad to talk to you and work with you. Good luck

Jason Corropolese
American Home Realty
Hi Mikie. I lived in Philly metro for most of my life and would steer clear of any small, family-type builders. Look for a community built by Toll Brothers. Down here, I've seen them build the highest quality homes in the best location, hands down. They stand behind their product, the layouts are fabulous, and I've never heard anything negative about them.

Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 25, 2010
Good Evening Mikie,

They have a good reputation in the area. A few things to consider when you are thinking of purchasing new construction. Normally the taxes are much higher than in a resale property that is a few years old. Make sure you have a good understanding of what your yearly taxes will be. Also remember when walking through the model many of the items you will see are additional. I believe in the future most homes will go up in market value. Now is a good time to purchase because rates are low and it seems we are at the bottom of the market which makes it a great buyer's market.

Last but most importantly when searching for new construction it is extremely important that you align yourself with a local Realtor and be sure they are with you on your first visit even if it is just to walk through the model or pick up a brochure. If you do not have your own Realtor the site agent, who represents only the builder, will not allow you to have representation in the future. It cost you nothing to have your own representation.

If I can assist, I'd be happy to. Good luck.

Jennifer Daywalt, Realtor
Re/Max Results Realty