Home Buying in Marblehead>Question Details

mm01906, Home Buyer in Windham, NH

Does anyone know if the historic district of Marblehead is popular with families? I'm thinking about buying a house/condo in the area.

Asked by mm01906, Windham, NH Mon Sep 9, 2013

Answers

4
I am originally from Bedford NH. If you have lived in Windham for a long time. It will be a big ajdustment to move to the historic district of Marblehead. The houses are extremely close together compared to anything in NH. A lot of them have only on street parking. The most desirable area in Marblehead for families is the Clifton area. the houses have backyards and they are in walking distance to schools. Marblehead does not bus the children like in Windham. Marblehead is only 7 miles long and 3 miles wide so almost everything is walking distance. Next time you are in town I would love to give you a tour. Even if you already are working with someone just get their permission first. My son is 3 1/2 if your children are young we can make it a playdate. OH Marblehead has parks everywhere even on the beach, and those are everywhere as well.

Diane Shoer
Coldwell Banker
Marblehead
781-780-1585
diane.shoer@nemoves.com
Good Evening,

Frankly every area is desirable for certain families. It purely depends upon the lifestyle that the family is looking for. There are numerous neighborhoods in Marblehead each of which has their pluses and minuses. We give a 2 hour tour for people coming into town to help them better understand the nuances of each area and to better understand the lifestyle each provides.

I would recommend not limiting myself to any one area until you better understand each.

Let me know if you may be interested in our tour or if you have any other questions regarding anything in town.

It depends on how you are looking to use the home. If you are planning for primary residence, Diane below makes a good suggestion with Clifton. However if it's to use as a second home, The Historic District could be fantastic because it is much more dense (village - living feel to it) which is nice because you and the kids can walk or bike to everything. I would say both areas are family friendly it just comes down to use and needs.

http://territory.com/search?search_string=OLD+TOWN%3AMARBLEH…

Hope that helps!

Territory Real Estate
Massachusetts Destination for Home Buyer's
617 848 5407 ext 704
Web Reference: http://territory.com
Its very popular, walk to everything, all of Marbleheads vast amenities are at your finger tips. Marblehead is a great walking town. I actually have an exciting property coming to market in down town, give me a call to discuss (617) 799-7777