oro5z, Home Buyer in Panama City Beach, FL

Does anyone know if homes built in Palmetto Trace subdivision were built with CHINESE DRYWAL??

Asked by oro5z, Panama City Beach, FL Thu Feb 21, 2013

Interested in buying there but worry about this problem.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3082493404-103-Windsor-Way-Pa…

Answers

9
S Reed -850-960-7268’s answer
Although Home Depot and Lowe's claim not to have sold chinese drywall here and so many builders get there materials from them, I would still get a home inspection on any home period. You simply do not know where all these builders got their goods to build homes here or anywhere else. Get a home inspection, especially if you know of remodeling and or homes built during the boom years. Some of these Insurance companies are not wanting to pay for damages and are dropping insurance coverages on some homes. Good luck.
That is and excellent question to ask your Realtor. I highly doubt that a home in Palmetto Trace has Chinese Drywall. I am an experienced Realtor on the beach in Bay County and there is only one home that I know of that had Chinese Drywall issues. There are usually tell tale signs, such as an acrid smell in the home and finishes on fixtures are usually affected. A home inspector should definitely be consulted if you have concerns and checking for Chinese Drywall is something that they should check for in their inspection. One of the ways that they check is to remove the electrical outlet cover and check the condition of the wiring inside. Corrosion of the metal and discoloring is usually a sign that there might Chinese Drywall. But again, Chinese Drywall was not a big issue on the beach in Bay County. I would be happy to help you. My team at Beachy Beach is made up of our Broker and I as listing specialists, and Lisa Ward & Betsy Hulsey, our Buyer's Agents. We would love to help you along every step of the purchasing process. Call me at 850-866-3720 or Karen Smith at 850-527-5651 and we can point you in the right direction. Our office number is 850-233-4351. Check out our web site at http://www.beachybeach.com.
Most likely not. Only one home in Bay County was found to have chinese drywall, and that was found by me, after it was listed with three different brokerages who did not catch it. Once I was hired to inspect, I discovered it. It was a house on the extreme West end of the Beach and the builder was from an adjoining county using his drywall suppliers from there as well. I have discovered many homes in the Freeport and Walton County areas that do contain chinese drywall, with most being bult in 2006 and or 2007. I have inspected numerous homes in Palmetto Trace and have yet to see one home in there that has chinese drywall. Give me a call and I can tell you some fairly easy tell tale signs to look for in your search, or I can arrange a home inspection to look at all features of the home as well. Cardinal Home Inspection (850) 215-4700
go to this site. It may help you. A realtor isn't allowed to say if a home has defects or not. that part is left to other professionals in the Home Inspection business. But go to this site . It mayhelp you.

http://www.panamacityhomeinspections.com
Exactly Ann!! Because it will cost thousands to rip out and repair damaged goods. It's the number one thing I always express to clients. GET A HOME INSPECTION. Becasue alot of Sellers aren't aware of problems. If you like the home that you make an offer on that much, this is or may be a thing you can work out with the seller for repairs. It will depend on how much time you have and if you want to foll with it or not. Smart move!
If the home was built from 2002-2007, or was remodeled during the period, paying a few hundred dollars for a specialized Chinese drywall inspection seems like a good investment when compared to the fact that Chinese drywall findings in the home will devastate the value of the home.
If you are searching for properties, take a look at my website. Nice big pictures and you can search from Mexico Beach to Panama City to Destin. I've been selling Real Estate here longer than many others, lived here 26 years, Owning residential and commercial properties myself valued in the millions. Remember ,you always need a home inspection from a licensed professional. There's not a disclosure for this. It's if you think there might be Chinese drywall, then you need to make that a point and have it checked out to know for sure I can also guide you in the right direction and help you make your own satisfied opinion. The effects from Chinese drywall doesn't show up until years later. sometimes 6 or 7 years later, from what I've seen I even know of a house(not here) that had some remodeling in the basement and it was used. The rest of the house didn't have it, but when the remodeler estimated the job, he considered the whole house had to be done and the owners didn't know any different. They got took on the job. So you need an inspector that really knows his/her stuff. Knows exactly what needs to be replaced.

http://www.condos-homes.net.
Chinese Drywall has to be done on a case to case basis and can only be positively identified through a home inspection. Noneof the current homes for sale in Palmetto Trace claim to have the problem.
its possible that any home built during the Boom years, may have Chinese drywall or any remodeling done during those years. There are signs of defects, but you will need to get a home inspected to see if it exsists. A lot of Sellers are unaware that it is in their home on wouldn't show up on a Seller's disclosure. So speak with a Home Inspector and let them tell you what to look for when looking at homes. So yes , it is possible that some of those homes have it in them.

http://www.condos-homes.net