Home Buying in Austin>Question Details

Sasha, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

Does anyone know if any of the homes in Castlewood Forest have natural gas option?

Asked by Sasha, Austin, TX Wed Jan 15, 2014

Answers

4
I love Castlewood Forest(large lots, great trees), but the lack of natural gas is a drawback for some buyers. If you need any additional information on this neighborhood or others, please feel free to contact me anytime without obligation
Sasha
The two homes currently active in this neighborhood do not have natural gas. 2305 Comburg Castle WAY just came on the market with one third of an acre. We remodeled 120 homes for one client, if you would like us to retrofit this home with an external tank, it is possible. Hope this helps.

Our office is just down the street from this neighborhood.(2501 W. William Cannon, Bldg 2 suite 204)
Stop by and we will help you with the specific homes that fit your needs.
Kyle Odiorne - Owning Texas - 512-947-5953 - Kyle@KyleO.com
Sasha, I do happen to work in that area and natural gas was not originally 'installed' in the neighborhood. That neighborhood was built mostly in the 1970s and all the homes in there are electric to my knowledge. The only option you would have, if you really wanted gas, would be to add a propane or natural gas tank on the property, if that is allowed in that subdivision, for any appliances etc.

If you are in the market for a home in that area, or elsewhere, and do not yet have a good Realtor representing you/helping you, feel free to contact me and I will do all I can to assist. I represent buyers like you at no cost, specialize in Buyer Representation and Negotiations, and have a a great team of lenders, inspectors, title people, etc. to assist us throughout the process. I have a very happy list of clients… Joe

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Call 512-261-4415
Joe,

Thank you for your response. Our current house was also built in the 70s but I guess natural gas lines were in place here. It's a real pity that the neighborhood doesn't try to update that to give potential buyers the option between the two. I LOVE the neighborhood but the lack of natural gas might deter me from buying there ...

Thank you again for your help.
Sasha
Flag Thu Jan 16, 2014
Hi Sasha,

I just checked several listings in that neighborhood, and none of them seem to have natural gas. Let me know if you have other questions or if I can help you.

Chuck Farr
512.415.6840
Chuck,

That's my point. Almost every listing I have ever seen in that neighborhood everything is electric. Does this mean no natural gas runs through the neighborhood? Or that people never bothered to upgrade from an electrical stove/heater?

Thanks for your help!
Flag Wed Jan 15, 2014