Home Buying in Dublin>Question Details

Cathy, Home Buyer in Sunnyvale, CA

Does anyone know if West Dublin by Schaefer Ranch and by the older homes west of 680 will have new construction anytime soon? Thx!

Asked by Cathy, Sunnyvale, CA Wed Jan 9, 2013

I'm hoping they will build more new homes not as pricey as Schaefer Ranch prices west of 680 in Dublin. Anyone know if this will happen? I am not familiar with how hilly it is over there.

Answers

3
It is my understanding that Schaeffer Ranch is the only development being built in that area. The rest is privately held.

There is a lot of development on the east side of Dublin, and that has a BART station as well, and a pretty direct drive to 680 as well, so those could be options for you too. But as I just told someone else, it really does benefit you to go to the new home developments with a realtor.

We truly can negotiate things for you (or at least I have....) that you cannot get on your own. The builders want us to feel confident referring people to them, so you can get upgrades, better financing, etc. by going there with an agent.
It looks like Heritage Park near 580 and San Ramon Rd will be rezoned for residential, with plans to build 50 homes in the 2100-2600 square foot range:

http://www.arounddublinblog.com/2012/12/dublin-ca-heritage-o…

Also check out: http://www.arounddublinblog.com/2013/01/dublin-ca-holanda-la…
To my knowledge the new development is being concentrated mainly on the East side of Dublin. The hills between Shaffer Ranch towards Castro Valley are own by a private party. That's not to say though that at some point there will be developments there, but at the moment most new development is occurring on the East Side off of Fallon Rd.