Home Buying in Waretown>Question Details

Danielle Mon…, Real Estate Pro in Old Bridge, NJ

Does anyone know if Waretown is a decent place to live? What areas should we stay away from?

Asked by Danielle Monaghan, Old Bridge, NJ Fri Apr 8, 2011

Found a home near the water in Waretown, but I have no idea if it is in a good area. Is Waretown a safe area?

Answers

7
Dorothy Altin’s answer
FYI. The Nuclear Plant is closing down shortly...So it will no longer be a concern, Except, of course, if you live in Lacey Township...their taxes will probably rise, but it should not affect Waretown.
Lots of Rednecks.....lived here for over 10 years....lots of rednecks......
As a recent of ocean county for 30 years, I know the area extensively. Waretown is an up and coming town. New Shop Rite just moved in the area, which is clean and a great place to shop. Good schools, great place to live. Small town community, with nice baseball fields. Close to parkway and shopping. They also have a great park and lake. Close to the bay and beaches.
The person that told you the power plant is in Waretown is incorrect. It is in Lacey Twp., not Waretown. If you like the beach, you wouldn't be far from Long Beach Island.
Hi, I love the sites http://www.spotcrime.com and http://www.homefair.com for this type of info. you will get all sorts of local data and stats to help you formulate your decision.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
914.406.9023
Waretown is located in Ocean Township in Ocean County. It has grown over the last decade, and now boasts more year round residents than every before. It's elementary school system is top notch, and it's part of the Southern Regional School District.

For safety and crime issues, check out the N State Police website.

Laura Giannotta
Keller Williams Realty-Atlantic Shore
Danielle, I dont think you will find an agent from Ocean County that would say its not a good place,I have lived here 52 yrs. and no plans on moving. but you should be aware that waretown is the home of the Oyster Creek Nuclear plant. dont let that panic you, it has a great safety record, its a large boating community, close to AC, access to parkway, and new shopping centers near by.
your welcome to write to my email if you have more questions
bwaller@crossroadsrealtynj.com