Home Buying in Alameda>Question Details

SQTran, Home Buyer in Alameda, CA

Does anyone know anything about the new development opening up on Alameda- Grand Marina Village?

Asked by SQTran, Alameda, CA Mon Jan 18, 2010

Answers

6
They're having a broker's tour Tuesday, May 4, with catered lunch.

To acquaint you with our newest neighborhood,
Grand Marina Village, on the island of Alameda,
you are invited be our guest:

~ TUESDAY, MAY 4TH 11:30 A.M. TO 1:30 P.M. ~

Enjoy a tasty lunch prepared by Alameda’s own
Little House Cafe and tour our two brand new
and spectacular model homes.

First model is priced at $699K, for a 4 BR/3,5 BA, 2152 sq ft
Second model at $720K, for 4 BR/3,5 BA, 2373 sq ft

Have fun!
I toured these a few weeks ago and they are nice, of course some will have better views then others. I call them vertical homes with all being 3 stories with lofts, bedrooms or bonus rooms on the top floor. The area is still commercial/industrial but there has been talk of change recently. The city of Alameda has several maintenance facilities and an animal shelter near there but I heard they may be consolidated somewhere else and sell the property?
Warmington's new development has 2 models to choose from. They have 3 levels in each plan and are layed out very differently. They build a very nice home and stand behind their product. This particular development is right next to the water. If you choose a plan with a water view it will be in the higher price range. The garages are in the back through an alley. Be sure to have your Realtor take you in on your first visit. Your Realtor can be sure that the important questions that you may have are answered. Ruth Masonek
I am a preferred real estate partner for Warmington and if you're interested they are having a preview later this month but we will have to RSVP to the event. Prices are anticipated to start in the 600,000's.

John-Michael
As a former Sales Manager for developers Ponderosa, AF Evans and Greenbriar. Go to Warmingtons website and sign up for email alerts about the project. They will contact you directly regarding the process for purchasing homes.
If you are truly interested then be prepared to follow the procedures that they set forth e.g. pre-qual with their preferred lenders, show up on certain dates to remain on the preferred/pre release 1st phase list, enter into a purchase agreement without models (purchase off floor plans), etc.
If you have an agent or want to be represented you will need to include your agent in all activities. If you go to the sales office on the first visit without your agent, they will not be paid. I literally, used to tell people to call their agent on the front steps and have them get there asap. It sounds a little rude but since I worked for the seller I could not deviate from the sellers policy.. I could be liable and fired since I am going against their policies and they would be monetarily damaged/hurt.
Also, be prepared to enter into a dual agency. There are no exceptions.

If you have any additional questions or would like to know more about the inner workings of buying new homes feel free to email me.

John-Michael Kyono
What do you want to know?
This is the official blurb on the Warmington website.
They have developed several other properties in Alameda.

Grand Marina Village - Alameda, CA

Located near Alameda's Grand Marina at the estuary end of Grand Street, this picturesque waterfront community will offer views of Oakland and Coast Guard Island and is set just minutes from Park Street downtown near shopping and restaurants. Here you will enjoy charming three-level Craftsman and Bungalow-style homes with approximately 2,152 to 2,373 square feet-just steps from the water, a variety of berths, secured gatehouses and a full-service marine center. Register your interest today.

Anticipated opening - March 2010
Anticipated pricing - from the high-$600,000s to low-$1 millions