Home Buying in Doraville>Question Details

Renee Jones, Home Buyer in Chamblee, GA

Does anyone know anything about the Copperleaf townhomes in Doraville? I like the townhomes but am

Asked by Renee Jones, Chamblee, GA Sun Mar 9, 2008

concerned about resale in the area. Any advice?

Answers

3
Renee,

I can't really answer that question for you....mainly because I am not allowed to due to Fair Housing Laws. But even if I was allowed to answer that question, I couldn't without knowing anything about you. What I would recommend that you do is go over there at different times of day and talk to the people who have already moved in. (I would recommend that no matter where you were thinking of moving to). Go early in the morning, go in the evening, drive through on a weekend. Now that the weather is getting nicer, more people will be outside. Only you can tell if you are going to be comfortable there and its worth taking the time to figure that out if you have the time. Do you live in the area now? If you want to email me offline, my email address is jwittenberg@prudentialga.com.
Judy,

thanks for the response. Should i be concerned that these t'homes are so close to an apartment complex?
Hi Renee,

Those being brand new townhouses, there have not been any resales yet. It's a unique development for that part of Buford Highway, being the only townhomes in the area. They have nice upgrades and appointments and are in a very convenient location for access to 285 and 85 and being just outside of the perimeter is a plus.

It's difficult to sell a townhouse when they are still building in the community. If you plan to be there a while, and wouldn't be selling it until they were completely built out and sold your chances of being able to resell at a good price will be much greater. It also depends on how many others are just like yours at the time you go to sell and how good yours looks compared to theirs. The homeowners fees are reasonable and it seems like a great place to have for future rental income, given where it is located.

If you would like information regarding the units that have sold recently please let me know. Feel free to contact me or visit my website. Judy