Home Buying in Plymouth>Question Details

Xocarolannn, Home Buyer in Plymouth, MA

Does anyone know anything about first time home buyer programs?

Asked by Xocarolannn, Plymouth, MA Mon Aug 20, 2012

Answers

6
Masha Senderovich’s answer
There are some programs available through some cities, but you would have to call the town hall and find out who you can speak to in regards to this, in each city you're considering buying into. I know the funding for such programs has all but dried up over the years, but if you find one, it will be some sort of a down payment assistance loan, in all likelihood. Such programs are typically restricted to various income levels, and will restrict the deed on the property - what you can do with it, how long you have to live there, how much you can sell it for, and to whom. Good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 20, 2012
You can go to the Town Hall and ask a the Plymouth Redevelopment about a course that you can take. They will help you apply for a soft second loan that can be used as a down payment or towards closing costs. The will give you all the information that you need and help letting you know when the classes will be. If you need any other help please feel free to contact me!
What types of programs are you looking for? First time home buyers have many questions about the home buying process, I would suggest finding an agent whos expertise is with first time home buyers, like myself
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
Regarding first time home buyer programs - your best bet would be to check with the Plymouth Town Hall. They frequently host first time home buyer programs with the Plymouth Redevelopment Authority. During the 3 week program, you'll hear from various professionals in the industry including an attorney, a real estate agent, a home inspector and an appraiser. i have been the guest speaker at these events and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

Additionally, I can offer you a free, no obligation home buyer counseling session at your convenience. I can help guide you through the process and provide an overview of what you'll need to know before buying your first home. Feel free to call or text me anytime:)

Jen
Best options are: FHA or Mass Housing

Get yourself an exclusive buyer's agent to help walk you through the process.

Territory.com
Massachusetts Premier Buyer Brokerage
Web Reference: http://territory.com
I work closely with a mortgage contact in my Plymouth Office. I would suggest giving her a call, I have had buyers use FHA, Mass Housing programs etc and she is well versed and no nonsense. Carolyn Farias 508-746-0051 (NEMoves Mortgage). She will help you figure out if you qualify for any programs out there.