Jennifer, Home Buyer in 30346

Does anyone know about the sub division 'Park at Vinings'? About the homes off Bright Hampton Road?

Asked by Jennifer, 30346 Sat Jun 27, 2009

Does anyone know about the sub division 'Park at Vinings'? How is the crime off that area? Is it a good location overall? Any advice appreciated please....We are interested in a home there...

What about the McDonough power plant located next to the sub division? Does that cause any kind of health concern?
My husband and I moved into the Park at Vinings in May 2008 and have loved every minute of it. Great neighbors and great location. I work in Midtown (20 minutes away) and he works all over (285 about 5 minutes away). Don't hear/smell, etc. any industrial activity and to be honest I forget about it until I run into a few Waste Management trucks while driving to South Atlanta Rd. every morning. Granted it is not the most beautiful of commutes but that is something I was willing to give up.

The subdivision is very well maintained with an active board. Many residents are the original owners from 1999/2000. We pay a monthly fee which covers lawn maintenance, pool, water/sewer. The landscaping company does a good job. There are community get-togethers at the pool, for poker, bunco, etc.
The big drawback that made me not want to buy in this subdivision is the industrial area completely surrounding it. It is not the most desirable outside of the subdivision but the subdivision itself is a nice place. Do an overhead view in google maps and drive the area and it will become apparent as to what I am talking about.
Web Reference: http://maps.google.com/

Park at Vinings is a nice subdivision. Typically, selling from $250-$300K. They have a swimming pool and the nice thing is that all lawn maintenance is included. Seems to be a nice neighborhood and buyers are typically attracted to it based on the location, great for professionals working intown. The combination of location and price are hard to beat. You can go five miles further out and find bigger homes for the money, but the commute difference can be big. It's in a semi-industrial/commercial area, but there have been many other successful residential developments in the area over the last 10 years.

Hope that helps,

Aaron Hofmann