Home Buying in San Ramon>Question Details

Kmadhuris, Home Buyer in Fremont, CA

Does anyone know about any wild life issues with summer hill homes in norris canyon - i see in their contract about racoons, snakes, bob cats, lions?

Asked by Kmadhuris, Fremont, CA Fri Mar 1, 2013

Has wild life been spotted or is an issue in norris canyon area?

Does the area have any issue with land slides - there are 2 huge water tanks near the property we are buying - is that an issue when there is earthquake and rains and stuff?

Answers

1
Matthew Bartlett’s answer
Hi Kmadhuris,

It appears the Seller's did their part and disclosed in writing the current wild life situation. That is good! Since you still have questions, I recommend that you visit with some of the current homeowners in the area. Introduce yourself and explain that you're considering the purchase of a home in the neighborhood and would like to ask them a few questions about the area. This will enable you to get to know them a little and I find that most homeowners would be glad to answer any questions you may have regarding the subject home and area.

I also recommend that your Agent inquire directly with the Listing Agent regarding any past issues with land-slides or any known potential land-slide dangers. This will enable the Listing Agent to confirm this information with the Seller's. And like the wild life questions, the Seller's must disclose any known material facts about this subject. The key word is "known". The Seller's will also be required to provide you with an independent third party natural hazard disclosure report. This report will talk about in detail all earthquake fault lines, fire danger zones, flood zones, land-slide dangers and much more. Be sure to read the report. Lastly, during your neighborhood visit with the other homeowners, be sure to bring up your questions on this matter as well. I hope this answers your questions. Good luck!

Warmest Regards,

Matt
http://www.matthewbartlettrealestate.com