Home Buying in Breckenridge>Question Details

culligankate, Home Buyer in Breckenridge, CO

Does anyone know about LIndal Cedar homes in terms of quality and resale?

Asked by culligankate, Breckenridge, CO Tue Jun 4, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3096544920-621-High-Point-Dr-…

Answers

4
Excellent quality and they hold value well and rise and fall in value at the same rate as the rest of the market.
This particular home on High Point is beautiful....I've been in it myself. Lindal has a long history and outstanding reputation. I would agree with Bill on each property poses unique situations in regards to water drainage etc. I would highly recommend a local inspector and I would be happy to refer one to you.
In our area, Lindal Cedar homes have an excellent reputation and resale value. I would disagree about them having a "kit" home reputation. I have seen many remarkable Lindal Cedar homes.
They tend to be more of a kit home that were historically used in a lot of "summer homes" or vacation purposes. They have come a lot further over the years in terms of quality and insulation properties, so each one needs to be looked at individually to evaluate it in terms of the location, condition, and appropriateness of the usage. Some of them have suffered from rot if the exterior finishes have not been maintained properly or if they had drainage issues.