Home Buying in Pittsboro>Question Details

Jacqueline D…, Home Buyer in Chapel Hill, NC

Does anyone have opinions about townhouse ownership in Fearrington? The good, the not-so-good? I'm thinking about buying a townhouse there.

Asked by Jacqueline Dale, Chapel Hill, NC Thu Feb 7, 2013

Just wondering if the HOA is easy to get along with; the list of regulations is intimadating.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3086390375-584-Woodbury-Close…

Answers

2
There are actually 2 sets of covenants in this townhouse areaa; The Fearrington HOA and Weathersfield Townhomes Assoc. The former involves the entire Fearrington Village subdivision. I'm really not sure what you are asking. If you can be more specific, I could be more helpful. I am a resident Realtor here in Fearrington, have lived here for over 12 years, and have served on the Fearrington HOA as the Dir. for Grounds & Facilities. Fearrington has a wide variety of homes: single family detached, townhomes, patio homes. Each phase of the subdivision has its own set of covenants. In addition, those areas that have additional "service groups" that have various services performed by private management with additional regulations and dues. There is really not a " not -so- good " area areas.

I will be happy to discuss your questions. You may contact me at : realty@athomewithcarolann.com or be phone at 919-454-8606.

Carol-Ann Greenslade, GRI, EcoBroker
House to Home Realty Services, Inc.
http://www.athomewithcarolann.com
Hi Jacqueline,

Fearrington Village is a fantastic community, with almost 2000 residents and a commercial center. It has been a destination and well established community for decades. A lot of what has made it so successful and desireable is the remarkable setting and beauty, the range of dwellings, community activities and location. It was built with a vision, and you realize that as soon as you enter - Fearrington is really wonderful. That said, in order to maintain all of this, restrictions do apply... I haven't found that Fearrington's restictive covenants are extraordinary though.

There are over a dozen neighborhoods within the community, all are under the umbrella Fearrington HOA, and each neighborhood has their own separate HOA, which are all a little different, and they have different leadership as well as management companies in many cases. One nice thing I have found with all of them, is that the process to make a request for an approval is defined and streamlined...you must be approved to make many changes, but again, I have found if you are reasonable so are the HOA's. I have worked with several of the neighborhood HOA's and the Fearrington HOA for various projects.

If there is something you are specifically worried about or know you will want to do, now is the time to ask, before you buy. You have done well to look over the restrictive covenants, especially if there is something that you are concerned with!

I hope that helps...I am happy to answer any more specific questions.

-Alexis Rudolph
alexis@lynnhayes.com