Sbtitanium, Home Buyer in West Chester, PA

Does anyone have information on the Oakcrest Development in Valley Township? How is the area, homesites, etc?

Asked by Sbtitanium, West Chester, PA Tue May 5, 2009

Answers

2
Hi There -

I am pretty familiar with that community because I was just there checking out a "Green Home" that they have on site (some really cool technology). The builder is Dewey Homes, and they have an excellent reputation as a high quality builder in Chester County and the surrounding areas. I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for, but they had an increadible deal on a 3 bed, 2.5 ba two story colonial home with a 1 car garage on a quarter acre for $200K!

Talk about a great deal, you can't even get into most new construction TOWNHOMES for that price! Would you like to take a drive out to look at the models there with me on Saturday morning? My advice would be to make sure you have a Realtor present at your first visit so you will be represented if you decide you like the community. If you go by yourself, the builder will not allow you to have a Realtor represent you (unless you agree to pay their comission, and I'm sure you don't want to do that).

I look forward to meeting you soon.

Caleb@kw.com
484-995-1591
Web Reference: http://www.knechtteam.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue May 5, 2009
I would make sure to make the builder provide mechanics lien insurance to you. I have sold properties in this community. While the builder does a good job and the subcontractors are solid....they don't always get paid from Dewey on time. My buyers have a mechanics lien for the kitchen installer on their home as Dewey is stringing them out. I would be very careful. Some of their other communities have been abandoned such as King's Grant. Contact me with any questions.

Matt Gorham
Keller Williams Real Estate
610 842 2686