johannaleboo…, Home Buyer in Woodhaven, MI

Does anyone have expereince using quickenloans as a mortgage broker? Who should I see to get a VA loan?

Asked by johannalebooms, Woodhaven, MI Sat Jan 12, 2013

Answers

4
As for Quicken, or any lending company, we all have opinions. As for a VA loan, it is an excellent product. Yes there is a 2.15% (of the purchase price) upfront fee for the first time user, that can however be rolled into the loan. They have no mortgage insurance, they are 100% financing, and when done properly (seller concessions) a veteran can get into a home with no money out of pocket; that to me is the least we can do for our Veterans. My partner and I are VA experts and would be more than happy to assist you secure a VA loan.
I have had bad experience with them with a couple of my clients. But that is just my opinion. Ask the for a Good Faith estimate up front to see their fees and costs. If you don't get one I would go somewhere else.
Yes I have closed several loans with quickenloans. They are easy to deal with and always on top of things. I also have other mortgage brokers if you would like to talk to someone else.
Quicken isn't bad but my question is "why a VA loan", there may be some cheaper options out there for you. VA has built in fees that are higher than most loans currently available. If your looking for a low downpayment then look at FHA or Homepath if you're buying a Fannie home. Also some lenders are doing conventional lending with lower downpayments, but you will have mortgage insurance added to your payment.
Al