Mark And Sue, Home Buyer in Ypsilanti, MI

Does anyone have any input on green homes in the York or Kittery area?

Asked by Mark And Sue, Ypsilanti, MI Sat Aug 2, 2008

Answers

7
Here is a description of a home in Kittery that we just put under contract, with more to be built: Energy Efficient Cape on a private Dr. Charming living space with warm radiant heat, ICF Construction and fresh filtered air creating a remarkable healthy home. 3x more energy efficient w/ R47 walls. Use less oil and gain a healthy home! LEED Certifiable. With new ones being built there is the possibility of modifying your new home, to best suit your needs.

Judy McLean
Coldwell Banker Yorke Realty
207-363-4300 EXT. 118
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 2, 2008
Hi Mark & Sue - I obviously don't have any information to go on but for your information I have a lender that specializes in FHA 203k Loans. Basically, you find the house you want where you want. Then we have a contractor write up an estimate as to what the needed renovations would cost to complete (i.e. heating system upgrades, solar, etc.). Then that amount gets added to the agreed upon selling price. Upon closing the work begins and you get a freshly updated "green" home anywhere you want in beautiful Maine. If the work prevents you from moving in right away we can even finance in up to 6 months of mortgage payments. I have many other solutions also so please let me know if I can be of any assistance.
Web Reference: http://www.DaleDoughty.com
Hello Mark and Sue- I know the builder/ developer of the Fuller-Brook Eco- Community, referenced below. That's a nice development. Worth checking out online and maybe calling on the broker below.
Don't know much about the others really.
Thanks and good luck,

Ken L.
Bayberry Ridge 55 & older community only 8 homes left. Homes are LEED Certifiable.Walk to beach from this location. Homes starting at $298,000. Call Cliff Stone at 207-337-2165 for additional info. or go to
http://www.masiello.com- search maine, new home community-York- adult community -Bayberry Ridge. Hurry, this project is over 50% sold.. listed by BH&G the Masiello group Portsmouth NH tel# 603-957-3406
The home in Kittery that I was referring to that went under contract was listed at $409,000. It is a 7 room, 3 bedroom cape with 2,462 square feet. They can be built to suit and be completed in approximately 4 months. I would be happy to forward information and pictures upon request..

Judy McLean
Coldwell Banker Yorke Realty
207-363-4300. EXT.118
Yes, Judy!
We have a green building development called Fuller Brook Eco-Community in Kittery, Maine. I am the broker representing this property. It is a quiet, peaceful setting of 8 lots near to Sea Point Beach. Please call if you have any further questions or want information on this property. 207-337-5558. Warm regards, Cindy Put in MLS#896809,896297,896796 Use my name Cindy Donnell for the password
Web Reference: http://www.masiello.com
Judy, What does it cost to build something like that to which you are referring?