Home Buying in Boynton Beach>Question Details

DBH, Home Buyer in Boynton Beach, FL

Does anyone have any information about the Cobblestone Creek development in west Boynton Beach? Looking at a few homes there this weekend..

Asked by DBH, Boynton Beach, FL Thu Feb 7, 2013

I know about the past Chinese drywall issues and understand that the majority of those homes have been remediated. Just curious how it stacks up to the Canyons and whether there are a lot of young families living there. We are in our early/mid 30's with a 1 year old.

Answers

8
I have a friend there. Some of the homes had Chinese drywall so test the ones or get it writing that it was done. My friend's house was O,k. No drywall
DBH:

Did you find anything in Cobblestone Creek? I live in Cobblestone Creek and I'm more than happy to answer any specific questions. Call or email at your convenience.

Todd Kevitch, Broker
BPO Realty LLC
561-400-9376
tkevitch@bporealty.com
Dear DBH,

Yes there were issues in Cobblestone Creek with Chinese drywall and yes most, if not all, of the affected homes have been properly remediated. Still, do your research and understand the stigma is there and may have some effect on value so be careful and if you do enter into a contract for purchase in a development where issues were present do a complete and thorough inspection including a specific search for Chinese drywall. This is especially important with a one year old child to be growing up there.

With a young family member schools will be important as I am hoping you are looking for a long, long time taking full advantage of a 30 year fixed mortgage at ridiculously low rates. Be very careful to check out the schools systems as it not only will be very important to your children's development but will also be important at resale time. Not sure how tied you are to a Boynton Beach address but both Wellington and Jupiter have excellent schools systems and you will find better pricing in Wellington and an amazing seaside location in Jupiter.

One of my favorite sites when it comes to school ratings is http://www.greatschools.org and if you have an iPhone check out their app which is also a fantastic tool. I love their site, use it often and highly recommend it to my clients who are interested in finding the best schools for their children's education. GreatSchools profiles public, private and charter schools and has a great format for readers to leave comments. Besides their rating system the comment section is the best place to go to get real life feedback from children who attend the schools as well as their parents.

You might also want to check out the Florida Department of Education School accountability reports which are also a wealth of information and can be accessed with this link;

http://schoolgrades.fldoe.org/default.asp

After doing your homework on-line I always recommend parents visit the school live and in person prior to making any purchasing decisions in that district and if you need assistance let me know as I would be happy to show you around. I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Hi DBH,

Cobblestone Creek is a beautiful development and so are the Canyons. Both give you beautiful guard gated entries.

The Canyon communities have established themselves as very family centric. They have wonderful play areas for the children. They also have planned activities for the children appropriate to individual age groups. The Canyons also have lovely areas where you can have a large birthday (or any other occasion) party for your child.

The houses in both communities offer spacious living areas and the details of the houses are top notch in both communities.

Please contact me directly and we can discuss your wants and needs in detail. If you'd like we can meet for a cup or tea or coffee at the Panera Bread in the Canyon Shopping center.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
561-414-0864
NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com
If you are looking a single family home in Boynton Beach in a family oriented community, Cobblestone Creek may provide the perfect home. The community was built by Centerline and Northstar and features 10 different models.

Homes in the Canyon communities were built by GL Homes, the same people who built the well known Valencia communities for active adults. The Canyon communities are somewhat larger in size but also offer a family friendly atmosphere.

You may have a difficult time deciding which of these communities you like best. All of them are very well designed.

Marc Jablon, The Jablon Team
RE/MAX Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
Cobblestone Creek has beautiful homes, Much smaller scale than the Canyon communities. There are young families in both communities. Please contact me with any questions regarding this community and many other communities that are equally as nice. Lynda Schreuder, Remax Advantage Plus. 561-267-2998
I live in Cobblestone Creek and I'm more than happy to answer any specific questions. Call or email at your convenience.

Todd Kevitch, Broker
BPO Realty LLC
561-400-9376
tkevitch@bporealty.com
Great Community. Not as large as Canyon. I have sold in both neighborhoods. Cobblestone has had its Chinese Drywall issues but so has Canyon. Its just a matter of taste. If you are looking for a smaller communtiy than Cobbletone is better. Both very family friendy with Canyon having more activites for children than Canyon. Being a yong family Canyon may work best for you.

Please feel free to call me with any questions, would be ahppy to help.

Patti Swass
Home Run Real Estate Inc.
561-301-6448
Patti18@aol.com