Home Buying in Boca Raton>Question Details

Simon, Home Buyer in 33433

Does anyone have any creative ways of working club membership in Boca Raton into purchase of a home?

Asked by Simon, 33433 Thu Jan 16, 2014

Answers

8
Nicole Marks Mason’s answer
In a real estate transaction, particularly residential because it's an emotional transaction, it always comes down to who wants the deal more? If the buyer loves the house and wants to buy it then chances are the buyer will give up more to make the deal happen. Conversely, if the seller has to sell his or her home immediately then the seller will probably give up more to get the deal done. If you are at the negotiating part of the transaction I would recommend being reasonable in your proposal to the seller. If you ask the seller for too much then you may lose out on buying the house. He or she may be offended or angry with your offer and not even bother to counter offer. However, if your offer is realistic and you are a cash buyer (because that's much more appealing to a seller) then you have a chance that the seller will pay for your club membership or a portion of it.

Best of luck to you.

Nicole Marks Mason, Realtor, GRI
United Realty Group
561-445-8743
http://www.buysellboca.com
Yes. Please call me to discuss further.

Paul Saperstein
Re/Max Advantage Plus
Real Estate Broker-Associate
Direct Line 561-251-5296
Toll-free 888-363-5910
Fax 561-455-9884
sapsdeals@gmail.com
http://www.paulsaperstein.com

"DON'T MAKE A MOVE WITHOUT ME!"
Strong negotiating is key.
The problems with that scenario are the following: if you ask the seller to include the equity fee within the price of that Boca home, that amount will become the number on which your tax is based.

If you're paying cash, that is not a problem, but you have not accomplished anything except for increasing your taxes every year.

If you are purchasing this home in Boca Raton with a mortgage, adding in the cost of the equity into the price will probably bring the cost of the home above the appraisal value. That means you would have to bring additional cash to the closing table; and your taxes would still be higher than if you had simply purchased the home and paid the equity separately.

However, if for some reason adding in the cost of equity to the price of the house does not bring the appraisal value above comparable prices, then you have a chance. But your taxes will still be higher than if you had purchased this Boca home without equity.

Usually in country club home situations, the value of the home has dropped so much that the homeowner is selling at a loss. Having to absorb the equity payment may be too much for most sellers.

Once you have purchased a home in a Boca Raton country club, you will still have to pay the annual country club dues. There is no way to avoid them.

You may want to look into homes in a place like Boca Pointe, where you do not have to join the country club if you don't want to; or, Boca Greens, where the golf club membership is open to the public and you pay as you play.

Marc Jablon, the Jablon Team
Re/Max Complete Solutions
JablonTeam@gmail.com
561-213-6139
http://www.JablonTeam.com
I'd call Michal Bander at Guaranteed Rate, 954-684-9227.
Hello Simon,

With a motivated Seller, anything is possible. Please contact me to discuss your options. I would love to find you exactly what you are looking for.

Lilia Biberman
Coldwell Banker
561-352-4576
Liliabiberman@gmail.com
Simon,

There are numerous ways as it remains a buyers market in most private club communities with higher inventories and motivated sellers. Depending io the club and the type of home you can negotiate some of the upfront fees into a purchase contract.

A very clear description of your specific requirements is the best place to start your property search and if I can be of service to you and your family I would appreciate the opportunity to be one of the agents you may choose to interview. We are experts in finding our clients that "needle in the haystack" and would love to help you find yours.

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Fins Up.......................

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Call me (561)827-6789 for details.
Julie Rosenthal, Broker, ABR, GRI, TRC, CAM, EcoBroker
YOUR Go-To expert for 33 years.
Julier6789@gmail.com
Property Brokers International
http://www.JulieSellsFL.com