Home Buying in Milton>Question Details

Bstn.bn, Home Buyer in Boston, MA

Does anyone have any advice on Milton, MA? I am starting my search for 2-3 bedrooms

Asked by Bstn.bn, Boston, MA Wed Jul 2, 2008

with (hoepfully) at least 1.5 baths. I'm wondering if anyone has any info on the area. Milton seems large so are there areas to avoid or areas to really focus on? What is the transportation like into the city? I perfer the rail over the bus and have a car so driving and parking at a rail isnt bad, but I don't want to drive a very long distance. General opinions about Milton or other similiar towns are very much appreciated! Thanks!

Answers

11
Milton is a great town. It has housing of every type, public transportation and proximity to Boston. I'd be happy to take you on a tour.
Here is a home in Walpole within walking distance to the commuter rail into Boston. 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2 car garage. Great neighborhood, outdoor pool, close to town center, close to 95, close to shopping and entertainment at Patriot Place.
Milton is a much desired town. Last year we were number 5 in the top ten towns in the US according to CNN Money. We have a great school system with a french immersion program starting in 1st grade. The Blue Hills offer great hiking trails and the Blue hill ski area is a lot of fun. We also have Cunningham park that includes a club house jogging trails, baseball and softball fields and the largest built in pool east of the Mississippi. You can catch the free trolley to Ashmont station from several stops. If you would like a tour of the town please let me know. Take care and good luck. Ron
Hey There, I actually live near where you are looking. Its a awesome place to live. Please click my web reference to see Milton 2+ Bedrooms under 600k:)

David
Bstn.Bn, Milton is a beautiful town that is highly sought after by families with children as it has the best schools around. The more densely populated areas near Mattapan are probably one to avoid if you have children in that those home do not have alot of land and typically families look for a property with some land for their children to roam around. Your best bet is to hook up with a realtor who can email you listings in your price range with the criteria that you're looking for and then make appointments to see those home. This is the best time to buy a home and if you have good credit more power to you! The feds lowered the rate even more... Good luck. Kathy, Milton, MA
Hi, I've been selling real estate in Milton for over nine years. As for areas to avoid or focus on, I'd have to learn more about you. You can grab a trolley to Ashmont Station (Red Line) from either Mattapan Square, Capen Street, Valley Road, Central Avenue or Adams Street. Or you can grab the Commuter Rail at Hyde Park Station, Fairmount Station or Readville Station which are all located in nearby Hyde Park. Milton is a great town but like anywhere else it has it's shortcomings as well. Let me know if you have any questions.
Web Reference: http://www.bowenboston.com
Hello Home Buyer in Milton Mass. My name is Mike Mahoney and I manage a very informative web site that is dedicated to everything in Milton, Massachusetts. The name of my web site is http://www.02186.com

This will be a great resource for your as you begin your search. If you need anything, give me a call.

I KNOW MILTON. PERIOD!
Web Reference: http://WWW.02186.,COM
Milton-based brokerage owner at your service. Milton is a smallish bedroom community about nine miles south of Boston. It has a wide range of housing from lower-priced single families and multifamilies on the Mattapan side, to new high-end condos on the river, to stately $1,000,000+ homes on Milton Hill. Where you should look depends on your finances. You are going to need $800,000+ for Milton Hill, Columbines, Indian Cliffs and the like. There are $400,000 - $700,000 offerings in some more densely packed, but nice, neighborhoods around Kelly Field and Cunningham Park. Milton has a trolley service going directly to a new Ashmont Station, with parking, and the drive into Boston during drive time is as short as 15 minutes before 7 AM to 30-40 minutes during drivetime. Milton is a lovely town to live in. Rated recently as the 7th best town in America by Money Magazine! money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2007/snapshots/PL2541725.html

I've lived here for nearly 50 years!
How about style of house, there is a nice bungalow 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, master bedroom is the top floor loft style or a 3 bedroom 2 bath ranch with a finsihed basement and attached garage!
Would love to stay under 400. Just the thought of heating a house any bigger than that this coming winter is enough to make ya cry!
What is your price range, homes there are currently 330,000 to 3.5 with 2+ bedrooms and 1.5 + baths!