Helen, Home Buyer in San Jose, CA

Does anyone have an opinion on the Midtown Plaza condos? How is a quality of this particular KB Homes development? Is it in the safe neighborhood?

Asked by Helen, San Jose, CA Sat Apr 24, 2010

Answers

3
I would be interested finding out if the lenders will accept conventional mortgage. Are there any law suits, and what is the owner occupied vs, investor occupied.

As long as there are people there is no such thing as perfect safe neighborhood.
hi Helen,

I have sold two units at Midtown Plaza. They were developed by KB so quality is middle of the road but not bad. The only concerns as a possible homebuyer I would have is how many defaults have occured and what is the financial status or situation of the home owners association.

As far as safety is concerned, the surrounding area does have some vagrancy issues and some neighborhood blight. However, the complex is very secure and I have not heard of any major issues. I think some cars got broken into but that can happen in any complex and it is just wise not to leave anything valuable in the car especially where people can see it.

In that area there are some condo developments such as KB Del Monte complex, downtown there are the high rises, and there are some townhome developments in Midtown, the Alameda, downtown and Japantown.

They are all prettly similar in terms of neighborhood and locations. You can argue that the Alameda and Japantown are probably better locations than midtown or downtown, but it is fairly subjective.
KW has had a history of not giving good service after closing. Before you make a decision, look on the internet.
Web Reference: http://www.guyberry.com