Home Buying in Framingham>Question Details

Malutka1, Home Buyer in Belmont, MA

Does anyone have an opinion on the 126 Beaver St apartment building? Safety, demographics, etc?

Asked by Malutka1, Belmont, MA Thu Mar 24, 2011

Dont buy in that area. It is a bad area
Visit the Massachusetts Census 2010 website [ http://www.sec.state.ma.us/census/ ] for answers to your demographics questions.
You may want to review the celebrations in downtown Framingham regarding the World Cup. I believe there was an article or two on boston.com.
In my experience, the Police departments do not provide opinions on neighborhood safety. Typically you need to submit your request for information in writing.
Send me an email if you want my personal tip on how to get an opinion on Framingham neighborhood safety.
Know the area well. As to safety best bet is to speak with local police stations. They will tell if there is anyting to be concerned about.
Dear Malutka1,

Your questions are ones that real estate agents can't answer. There are regulations in place to prevent the steering of buyers or tenants to or away from particular areas. Your best bet for questions about safety is to contact the local police department. Demographic information for a town can probably be found online though I can't imagine you can information specific to a complex.

You might want to do your own due diligence. Visit the building and pose your questions to any current residents you can find.

Good luck in your search.

Liz Bolton