Home Buying in Framingham>Question Details

Raymond D. P…, Real Estate Pro in Natick, MA

Does anyone have an opinion about the Edgell Rd area of Framingham???

Asked by Raymond D. Powell, Natick, MA Sun Oct 20, 2013

Answers

10
Drive around and meet people.
Ask those who live there.
Interview the school professionals, coaches, etc.
Park in a neighborhood and see who notices you sitting there in your car.
Walk and talk.

Of course choosing a local real estate pro can help you save a lot of time.
(Not me, I'm on the Cape, but I can help you choose a local pro when you are ready.)

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 20, 2013
Edgell Road area of Framingham is considered a terrific location; just minutes to shopping and services on Route 20 and Route 9; very easy access to Route 90; yet a wonderful country feel!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 2, 2013
Much like several of the comments it truly depends were on Edgell Road the property is located. However, considering the low housing inventory and strong buyer demand, the discounting of a property based on a busy street is really subjective. Perhaps a CMA which focuses on similar properties that are located on busy streets (Water, Edmands, Nobscot, Corcord etc).

All the best to you.
Much will depend on the house, the location on edgell, the condition etc.

Convince your sellers to price the home on the low end of your spectrum, this will create an urgency and therefore generate the highest value for the home in the shortest period of time.

Framingham is becoming very popular place to buy a home. My recent client loves the home he bought in Framingham. He loves that is close to all major routes, tons of shopping, yet you can drive a litlle bit away from the center and find parks and lakes!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 20, 2013
Please let me clarify, given the fact that it is a busy street, how much would you reduce the price if any at all???
Sorry for the confusion
Raymond-
Are you looking at a currently listed property or looking to list one as it says you are an agent? i would say it depends on what end of Edgell it sits and how far from the road it is. If there are similiar houses that have sold along Edgell than you can compare..if not then somewhat less than a side street neighborhood if noisy with traffic etc. cant put a figure on it as need to take the overall condition, upgrades, curb appeal etc. into consideration too.
Flag Sun Oct 20, 2013
Traffic wise it is a busy street starting at rte.9 intersection heading out....most of it is residential
Homes. Feel free to contact me with other questions about the area. I have been a resident for over 20yrs.
Edgell Rd starts near rt 9 / Framingham University area which is called Framingham Center and goes North for a few miles until it hits Sudbury. Not sure which part you are referring to. Mostly is residential but has some businesses at the beginning and then at the Nobscot end. Hope this helps..
As an agent and a resident of Framingham, actually right off Edgell Rd, I can tell you that it is a great area of north Framingham. All levels of schools are in close proximity, shopping and other services, easy access to highways. Homes have a wide variety of price ranges that can fit most budgets and there several apartment complexes available as well. If you have specific questions feel free to contact me and I can walk you through whatever you need.
In what regards? Housing, values, shopping, transportation, schools?

And what would you be comparing it to?