Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

Lila Morse, Renter in Ojai, CA

Does anyone have advice on how to find apartments with short term leases? Like 6 months? I can't seem to be able to narrow that down in my searches.

Asked by Lila Morse, Ojai, CA Wed Sep 4, 2013

Answers

10
Check Craigslist.com, ForRentByOwner.com, and Hotpads.com. You may also consider local print sources.

Chris
email me at jmichaels@remax.net and I may be able to assist
The only way is craigslist. They have tons of these.
They are out there. What areas are you looking in. Feel free to contact me at ksimmons@homescoutrealty.com
Work with a real estate agent. We have search fields we can work on. If you send me you email and the area of Chicago you are looking at, I will send you what is available, so that you know what is available.
Short-term leases are hard to find and are generally more expensive than a traditional one-year lease. For the most part, buildings that allow shorter leases add a premium onto the quoted monthly rent. Your best bet is probably a sublet or a roommate situation. Look on Craig's List for sublets.
That is a problem. Agents rarely deal with them so you will not see them in the MLS very much. Try Craigs List.
Very hard to find in chicago. Work with a realtor to help you. You may have to sign a 1 year and then sublet
LiLa,

Go to http://www.chicagorentals.com/ they will also do a 3 month lease. Presidential Towers Chicago will do a short term lease as well.
Trulia may not be the best choice for that. Try Craigslist or work with a Realtor in the area that you are focusing on.