Home Buying in Oviedo>Question Details

Krysti Ann, Home Buyer in Oviedo, FL

Does anyone have a ball park of how much per year would home owners insurance cost along with flood insuance and sink hole?

Asked by Krysti Ann, Oviedo, FL Sat Oct 20, 2012

I am looking in the Oviedo, Winter Park, and Longwood areas of seminole with a square footage of 2,500 feet. --- Or tell me what your area, square footage and cost is please.

Answers

4
I would definitely get a quote from an insurance agent specific to the property. If you'd like I can put you in touch with our Weichert Gold Services insurance agent. He has gotten great rates for my clients and actually saved me $400 a year. There are some things you can do to minimize the cost - a wind mitigation inspection can save you a lot and if the property requires flood insurance, you definitely want to have an elevation certificate done when you get your survey - that can be a HUGE savings!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
While this won't answer your question directly, you should shop around and see if you can get a better deal by consolidating your home and auto insurance together. I was faced with hefty increases by State Farm although I was a long time client. I got a better deal through Liberty Mutual. Check the flood maps and DO NOT buy a home where flood insurance is recommended. The state has a sinkhole map, so far Oviedo is about the only area spared from these problems. Also check the area around the home for signs of local flooding or sinkholes before you buy. State Farm by the way offers their lowest rates in LEON County! Why do I mention this? Guess where the regulatory decisions on your insurance rates are made? Leon County of course.
I live and work in Oviedo, I cover all of Seminole and Orange County. On a 2500 square foot home, you're probably looking at between $1100-$1500 per year in homeowners insurance depending on what coverage you want. You should probably contact your insurance agent for a quote when you do find a house you want to put an offer on. I hope my answer is helpful, contact me anytime if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks a bunch, Care
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
Kyrsti,
The home owners insurance will be dependent on the age of the home (i.e. to determine the building code standards) and the location of the home (i.e. in a flood plain)

Side by side homes on the Gulf of Mexico can be one for $618 for the new one and the other 1971 built home costing $3,600.

A ball park figure can be very misleading.