Home Buying in Brooklyn>Question Details

Miguel, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

Does anybody know which bank offer the best mortgage loan deal for a first time home buyer?

Asked by Miguel, Brooklyn, NY Wed Jun 16, 2010

Answers

8
Dear Miguel,

Mortgage Bankers in your community will provide you with a much higher quality of service and financing options than any "Big Bank." Local Mortgage Bankers have long been the source of excellent financing options for homebuyers. Further, Loan Originators who work at Mortgage Banks are LICENSED whereas Loan Originators who work for the "Big Banks" are only REGISTERED. There's a BIG difference.

Sit down face to face with your Mortgage Banker to be thoroughly prequalified. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

Consumers have been led to believe---thanks to huge advertising budgets with the BIG BANKS---that they should go to their bank for a mortgage loan. This is the WORST place to get assistance with the BIGGEST PURCHASE of your life! These BIG BANKS are basically BIG CORPORATIONS. You're a number, at best. With a Local Mortgage Banker you will be treated like a friend and a client for life. You can't imagine the high quality of personalized service you will receive from a Mortgage Banker until you try.

As to price---rate and fees---competitive if not better than the BIG BANKS.

You can verify the License of any Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator at nmls.consumeraccess.org

Trevor Curran
There are numerous options.
If you like contact me and I will give you a list.

Michael
mjdvorkin@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://MichaelDvorkin.com
There are couple of direct lenders and mortgage brokers out there doing a great job and still in business.
you could call me if u need help.
347-753--0400
Miguel,

Please dont think I am being biased but I don't think you should limit yourself to a bank. A mortgage lender would be able to give you just as competitve programs and possibly give you more personalized attention. Being a first time buyer, you don't want to feel like you are being treated like a number. If you would like to speak directly, please feel free to call me.

Good Luck,
Jason Wilde
Mortgage Loan Officer
Pinnacle Mortgage
877-562-6082
Shop for a good bank I can give you a couple of names. Call me anytime I will give you the contact info.
Miguel...there are banks giving mortgages who have profiles you will have to fit.
There are mortgage brokers who can shop multiple banks to find a profile that fits you.
There are mortgage broker/bankers who can do both of the above.

Unfortunately, they do not give apple to apple answers...it is very confusing and difficult to make the comparisons.

IF you wish to contact me off line at Gail@GailGladstone.com, I will be happy to make recommendations in each of the above categories so you can shop the best deal for you.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
Home Savings of America!

You can contact me directly at 646-523-6149

Ed Groussman
Community Banker
Home Savings of America
Consider shopping around--consult with more than one qualified loan officer and go from there.