Home Buying in Bayville>Question Details

Bambu, Both Buyer and Seller in New York

Does anybody know how accurate the tax quotes on this site are? I could site examples, but I'm sure some of you know what I mean. Thanks- Dave

Asked by Bambu, New York Sat Jun 30, 2012

Some of these tax rates just dont look right.

Answers

4
If referring to property taxes, it's always a good idea to verify the information with the local tax assessor's ofice...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 30, 2012
The most accurate tax information for Nassau County can be found at http://www.mynassauproperty.com
If the property is in an incorporated village, make sure you call the village directly to get accurate village taxes.
Tax information needs to be sourced directly from taxing authorities. Nassau County has a website for this, Suffolk County may too, but I don't know.

Also, remember that any tax number quoted to you by agents or the homeowner may include special tax breaks that you personally may not qualify for (e.g., seniors or veterans).

Karla Harby
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Rutenberg Realty
New York, NY
kharby@crrnyc.com
212-688-1000x146
I have checked some of my listings and no the tax quotes are not accurate. I do not believe they tap directly into the appraisal districts information. And I am not sure why it is not pulled from the multiple listing service. Trulia is a little quirky in some instances.