Systematic Home Inspections
We bought a new dream home at Portola Springs, Orange county. Only after 6 months we realized things are falling apart from the poor quality.
1. I had to replace my microwave twice already.Only after I upgraded by spending 300 more dollars, I learnt the service has been discontinued on the product.
2. Poor cabinet parts - I would do better by assembling an IKEA piece of cabinets. One of the door for a draw just came off just by opening the draw. The trash door would never stay closed and my son tripped on it already twice.
3. To get a soft edged granite countertop in kitchen, they would eat all your money away.
4. I have had at least 4 times when the Kitchen faucet came loose and their vendor came and fixed it.
5. All of the taps(heads) are so loose with a lot of wiggling in it.
6. I just started to see slight wall cracks.
7. The Kitchen counter-top light fixtures are so loose that sometimes I have to hit on them to turn on.
8. First time you send the request, you are the king. Next time you are treated like you deserve to wait until the one year warranty runs out. It takes several weeks for them to even put me on schedule for a fix.
NO NO NO.
Always always always use a Realtor when purchasing a new home.
You can see why here:
Take us with you on the very first visit if you can.
They are good builders. You should talk to your realtor about this and ask for her/his opinion. If you are not currently working with one then I'be happy to assist you. I live in Allen. Feel free to call me at 469-371-2899.
Susie Kay, RealtorÂ®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Standard Pacific is a good builder but you still need to be proactive if you are having the home built rather than buying a "Spec" home. Visit the construction site everyday to make sure they are building what you are buying. Often a construction worker will make "adjustments" to the plans for convenience and you end up with an inferior product. You have to stay on top of it. If you are represented by a Realtor, they can help ensure you get the quality product you are paying for.
Accredited Buyers Representative
Coldwell Banker Jane Henry, Realtors