preethiamigos, Home Buyer in 75013

Does any one have a Idea about Standard pacific builders?

Asked by preethiamigos, 75013 Thu Nov 1, 2012

We are trying to buy a new home in Allen with Standard Pacific homes

Answers

9
Even though you are able to do some pretty good research on builders and find any customer complaints online, my recommendation would be to have representation of a REALTOR® in any new home build. Often, consumers think that because you can go to new construction, see the model homes and speak to a sales rep onsite, you don't need a REALTOR®. I believe you have never needed one more. A REALTOR® will be able to negotiate and help you through the process while looking out for your best interests along the way. Do not underestimate the need for buyer representation on new construction. It does NOT add to the price of the home when you have representation and, often times, a REALTOR® can negotiate and get those extras the consumer doesn't even know to ask for.
WORST HOME BUILDER EVER! We live in Anthem, Colorado. It took 11 months to build the house. We closed the first week in April without the house being completed. We have been waiting for cabinets and drawers for 6 months, and we still don't have them. There are still paint, drywall and electrical issues, yet no one has been in our house in six weeks. Upper management won't return calls nor supervisors. They only care about selling houses not helping the home buyers. They are crooks. STAY AWAY!
My experience in Orange county, California that may help someone else:

We bought a new dream home at Portola Springs, Orange county. Only after 6 months we realized things are falling apart from the poor quality.

1. I had to replace my microwave twice already.Only after I upgraded by spending 300 more dollars, I learnt the service has been discontinued on the product.
2. Poor cabinet parts - I would do better by assembling an IKEA piece of cabinets. One of the door for a draw just came off just by opening the draw. The trash door would never stay closed and my son tripped on it already twice.
3. To get a soft edged granite countertop in kitchen, they would eat all your money away.
4. I have had at least 4 times when the Kitchen faucet came loose and their vendor came and fixed it.
5. All of the taps(heads) are so loose with a lot of wiggling in it.
6. I just started to see slight wall cracks.
7. The Kitchen counter-top light fixtures are so loose that sometimes I have to hit on them to turn on.
8. First time you send the request, you are the king. Next time you are treated like you deserve to wait until the one year warranty runs out. It takes several weeks for them to even put me on schedule for a fix.
I have lived in a newly constructed SPF home for going on six years. It is the eleventh home I've owned in my life and it is head and shoulders the finest in every respect. I could point to dozens of aspects of my home that Standard Pacific could have done at less cost and hardly anyone would have known the difference, but they didn't. When my home was four years old, a minor nick in the front door when new that I agreed could be repaired resulted in the door losing its finish due to sun exposure. I called the local SPF office and their customer service man came out and quickly agreed that a new door was justified. Within a few weeks the custom ordered door was installed by a true expert. I know the cost to SPF was about $3000 as it is a very high quality Jeldwen door. All fiberglass but cannot be told from wood. When SPF built my home they were on the verge of bankruptcy. Subsequently the company was taken over by Mattlin-Patterson, a rescue firm, and MP people run the company now and are doing great. They've had to cheapen some things in order to be competitive and still make a profit but I believe the overall quality of the product is today similar to when mine was built in 2008. We are overjoyed with our dream home and dread the day when age will require us to give it up. We are in Placer County, just outside Sacramento.
Hi. We just put in an offer on another home, but now my husband wants to buy a new Standard Pacific Home. I am concerned based on all the warranty / lack of customer service discussions. Did you have a hard time getting your home inpspected when you bought it? I have also heard that SPH makes the home inspectors carry more insurance etc. so that no inspector can really inspect your home. Please let me know if 1: you work for SPH, and 2: you still like your home. Thank you!
Flag Sat Jul 26, 2014
THEY ARE THE WORST. Atleast with what I and many like me are currently experiencing with constructions at the Grove at Ranch @ Brushy Creek. They do not feel bad to repeatedly say "its a mistake" , they dont understand and / or not care that they are dealing with thousands of dollars, and people's dreams. Sales representative is not consistent with the responses with home buyers. Their immediate sales manager is of no help. They mess up major things that you dream about your new home and simply ask you to walk away from contract if you don't like their mistakes.

NO NO NO.
I normally like their product.

Always always always use a Realtor when purchasing a new home.
You can see why here:
http://teamlynn.yourkwagent.com/atj/user/AdditionalGetAction…

Take us with you on the very first visit if you can.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2012
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Preethiammigos,

They are good builders. You should talk to your realtor about this and ask for her/his opinion. If you are not currently working with one then I'be happy to assist you. I live in Allen. Feel free to call me at 469-371-2899.

Take care,

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
They are on par with many of the other builders in the area. Take the agents' advice and use a realtor to assist you in your purchase. The brand of builder isn't as important as the oversight by the site superintendent. Many different builders use the same subcontractors and if the oversight is lacking, the quality of construction may be lacking also. Let them know up front you want to be involved in the building process and that you are going to use an independent home inspector to make sure the home is built correctly and to the standards you require.

John
Systematic Home Inspections
214-600-4344
Absolutely use a Realtor to represent you. It cost you nothing but could save you thousands of $$$$ and lots of grief. The builder is representated by the on site sales person. The on site sales person does not represent you or your best interest. You won't save anything by not using a Realtor since commissions are part of the builders advertising budget and will be spent anyway.

Standard Pacific is a good builder but you still need to be proactive if you are having the home built rather than buying a "Spec" home. Visit the construction site everyday to make sure they are building what you are buying. Often a construction worker will make "adjustments" to the plans for convenience and you end up with an inferior product. You have to stay on top of it. If you are represented by a Realtor, they can help ensure you get the quality product you are paying for.

Sam Young
Accredited Buyers Representative
Coldwell Banker Jane Henry, Realtors
(972)837-0788
samsonsay@verizon.net