Selina, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Does any one familiar with bridgeport village?

Asked by Selina, Chicago, IL Sun Jun 29, 2008

Couple days ago, I asked information for a property near bridgeport village, the address is 3225 S throop. I really liked the location, this is the last old house nearby the bridgeport village. There is one concern I have, a big, very old tree just sit infront of the house, will it be a potential problem if I try to build my own house in couple years? Thank you.

Answers

7
Bridgeport village is pretty RACIST. I hope you didn't buy the property here.

I spent my whole life down the street and my mom used to like to take her after dinner walk there since it was landscaped nicely. Recently, 4 times, a woman came out of her house in the neighborhood to harass her (my mom is an old well dressed asian woman) with comments about going back to asia and walking by her own house.

This weekend, my mom went to a home auction to buy a house in cash. They had an open house and were selling off some of the items in the house. My mom bought a few things and were checking out some of the rooms upstairs that were unlocked to estimate for the home auction. When she came to pay, the administrator let her purchase her things and then said "Someone saw you go into the rooms. Please don't come back here ever again." Of course, they let her pay for things before they said that.

Not a great way to treat a customer that frequently buys property and whose net worth is in cash. She came home visibly shaken and upset that someone would treat her like that.

Not to mention the tribune articles about the poor construction, houses that were almost blown away and the walls that caved in.

Don't buy a house here. If you're a minority, expect to be treated like garbage for an assessment fee. If I could find the management company responsible for that home auction, I would file a lawsuit.
Ken, thank you for your advice.
Selina,

If the tree is on the property, it can be trimmed or completely removed. If it's on city property and the parkway then there's nothing you can do unless it poses a danger and needs to be trimmed or removed by the city.

Good luck, Ken.
Web Reference: http://www.KDRchicago.com
i am sorry real estate section - so look at friday
Jim,
Do you remember under which section the news appear?
Selina, there was an article in the Trib. on either thursday or friday about what is currently going on with Bridgeport Village.