Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

yanamingo, Other/Just Looking in 33182

Does a new buyer have to pay back taxes on a property?

Asked by yanamingo, 33182 Fri Dec 14, 2012

I would to purchase a rehab property in Philadelphia, PA but has a lot of back taxes that I don't want to pay. Is it a way a new buyer can purchase a property and be pardonned for the back taxes for the property. Please respond. Thanks

Answers

2
Allways purchase title insurance when buying or transferring a property into your name this will protect you from back taxes or any other baggage that might be tied to that parcel
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 16, 2012
Good Evening Yana,

Only if its revealed upfront on the sellers disclosure or if the home is distressed and its marketed that way than...... yes you have knowledge.

But ..... if you as a buyer.... discover through your Title Search..... than you as the buyer can have the Seller pay back taxes or consider the Agreement of Sale Null and Void and your deposit monies should be returned to you promptly. Its important for you (or your Agent) to keep your agreement within the timing of the essence so... your not in a default status.

I hope this helps you?

All the Best John Curci RE/MAX 1866-473-6290
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 14, 2012