Home Buying in Harrison>Question Details

cynthialeehe…, Home Owner in Harrison, MI

Does a buyer have the right to view the sellers disclosure statement before an offer is presented ?

Asked by cynthialeeherr9, Harrison, MI Tue Mar 12, 2013

Answers

10
Absolutely view the seller's disclosure statement prior to making an offer and then get your own inspection done.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 13, 2013
Yes most certainly. You need to have it to make an informed offer. But you still should do an inspection
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 13, 2013
The Seller's Disclosure is a most important tool for you to use when viewing a home, determining whether you want to place an offer and deciding what that offer should be.

I am not sure about MI, but in my state it is signed by the Buyer prior to purchase.

Your Realtor should be able to get all the documents you need.

If you are not being represented by a Buyer's agent ... why not?
It should cost you nothing to have your own representation in the purchase of a home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 13, 2013
That is what it is there for, for the buyer to review. You should insist on it and anyone not letting you, may be hiding something.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 13, 2013
By all means, you need to review that to determine what type of a offer you want to make. If there are problems with the property you would reflect that in your offer.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 13, 2013
For what it's worth, yes you do.
But you're only going to know the full story once you hire your own inspector.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 13, 2013
Most definitely.

Karen Paytas
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
Kpayts@mirealsource.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 12, 2013
Absolutely! Or at least in NC. The buyer can request to see the Seller Disclosure in advance of placing an offer on a property. It discloses pertinent information that's helpful for a buyer in their decision making. As a real estate agent in NC, I always make the Seller Disclosure form easily and readily accessible to buyer if I'm representing the seller. On the other hand when working with buyers, we always request this upfront.

Let me know if you have more questions! I'm more than happy to help in any way that I can.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 12, 2013
Yes you do. Just ask your agent to request them
Most of the previous answers assume you are asking as a buyer, your tag says you are both a buyer and seller. If you are asking as a seller and are trying to hide something from the buyer, don’t.
This is a question your Realtor should be taking care of, if you do not have a Realtor, hire one today.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Web Reference: http://jamessimms.com/
Yes Jim I was asking as the buyer,but due too the home now being bank-owned and the bank has'nt lived in the home through my own investigating or viewing so to speak all I can see is it needs a tear-off and reroofing,was'nt able to get info about well or septic due to winterization done by bank
Flag Wed Mar 13, 2013